Fury 325gr star tip got it done

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bestill said:
Congratulations

Want a bullet report if recovered?
The processor checked hard for the bullet. He said it shot a perfect hole through the first shoulder blade, then hit the second and must have deflected back downwards into the lung/heart area according to what he witnessed. It did not exit. I'll check in the spring for it and maybe I'll find it.

I've started using the heavy black Nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight, and it has really cut down on nicks and cuts while cleaning. Where I hunt, it is easier to carry than drag, so I field butcher animals. Bones and hide are heavy, so they get left behind. I don't even clean the animal anymore, I open the gut to relieve the pressure while digging for the tenderloins.

I've started using the heavy black Nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight, and it has really cut down on nicks and cuts while cleaning. Where I hunt, it is easier to carry than drag, so I field butcher animals. Bones and hide are heavy, so they get left behind. I don't even clean the animal anymore, I open the gut to relieve the pressure while digging for the tenderloins.

I purchased the Nitrile gloves before I healed up, which went really well. As sharp as my knife is, I need level 5 gloves.
I don't drag anything anymore. God let man create ATV's and now a Ranger is in the stable. If I had to drag one very far, I'd just start a fire and eat it right there :)

That is a great deer healthy lookin buck Congrats. Im just old fahioned enough to think I need to drag my own deer to where I can get my car to it every year for the past 10 yrs or so Ive thought this year Ill ask for help..Im closing in on 74 with two back surgeries, both shoulders done and a week ago in NY at my clubs camp I pushed asking for help off another year. And like always said never again hah.

I’ve never heard of the tuberculosis here in the south. Is it fairly common there?

Without snow or smooth grass, dragging a deer is way too hard in the country I hunt. I still hunt miles from the road, so I learned to bone it out and carry it. Without the guts, hide, and bones, it weighs about a third as much. It is cool enough during hunting season to leave the meat overnight, so I can take as many trips as needed. I can carry a small deer in one trip. I am getting old, and didn't want to spring for a real ATV, so I purchased a TrailMaster mini-bike. More fun than I've had in years, and will go almost anywhere. I put a bigger sprocket on the back for more torque.

Attachments

• IMG_4115.JPG
    IMG_4115.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 16
Back