Fury .50 bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good shooting. Fury bullets are real performers on game.

Rifle? Load? Wad? Vent liner opening?

Knight , 24 twist. long hunter stock. 70 grains by weight BH209, two .025 wads. What ever diameter Arrowhead liners are.

Ok , I understand now , group was shot with a new ventliner. Thanks.

Pound wise I don't know, Both were sized to .503 by being knurled. Plain star tip 2 were shot and 3 of Furies new tipped. I would say at least 20 pounds. All had same impact but want to try 200 and beyond

Pound wise I don't know, Both were sized to .503 by being knurled. Plain star tip 2 were shot and 3 of Furies new tipped. I would say at least 20 pounds. All had same impact but want to try 200 and beyond
When I was shooting the star tip, not the tipped from my .50, my loading force was almost identical as yours and they shot great too. I found them to be MOA or less bullets to 300yds. I couldn't get the regular star tips to group at 400 though. I think the tipped version would do much better, but never had the chance to shoot them in a .50cal.

will try myself using the tip , BC is suppose to be a little higher. The star is a great hunting bullet to 100 yds. I know

i have no experience with fury bullets or their development. i can't figure out the weight from this thread unless i missed the weight somewhere.
bobnoffs

i have no experience with fury bullets or their development. i can't figure out the weight from this thread unless i missed the weight somewhere.
bobnoffs
Fury has 275gr and 320gr. The 320gr bullets were at one time a 325gr. Dennis was starting to make a 325gr and 285gr which shoot very well from 1:28 twist rifles but are not on the web site yet.

thanks. sooooo i see reference to ''the star'', ''the tip'', ''the regular star tip'',and ''plain star tip''. i have looked at fury's web site and i am still asking what weight was used in this test?
thanks, bob noffs

It may be easier to understand if posters used the descriptions used on Fury's website.

MZ: muzzleloader bullet
Star Tip: just the copper jacket pinched into the shape of a star
MZ 2: aluminum tipped bullet

It looks like the above target was shot with:

2 Star Tip MZ, 320 grain bullets
3 Star Tip MZ 2, 325 grain bullets, these would be the ones not listed on the website yet

Did I get it right?

Latest posts

Back