Fury Bullet BC in .50 cal CVA Accura V2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Utah400elk

Reaction score
On the new Williams globe sight thread, someone asked me about BC for the Fury bullets I was shooting. I was back at the range today and I am getting much better with my Ladradar. I was shooting 86 grns BH209 by weight (110 by volume) with the Fury universal fit 285s. These bullets load great and are shooting very well. My average velocity was 1970 FPS shooting in 80°, 80% Humidity (you have to love northern Alabama summer), and 30.02 for pressure. My elevation was approximately 700 feet. The end results… G1 BC at that velocity is about .233
14A0E4CE-6BB9-4B9C-B291-0709DD18BF7D.jpeg
This is my target. Yes…I also shot my son’s 7mm-08. Not my best target but I was actually making sight adjustments. I got the left right dialed in and think the 3 1/4 is about where I want it for 100 yards.

I know I can push these bullets a bit faster which would give me a bit better BC but this is being set up for a 14 year old for a cow elk hunt in CO. I think it will work perfectly for that. The Fury bullets are awesome!

In case anybody was wondering…a 140 grn Accubond from a 7mm-08 with same atmospheric data at 2710 FPS gives a BC of .440.

Just bought fifty of the sized .503,275 grn to try in my Optima and probably a few other guns. I currently shoot the 300 grn Thor in the same diameter. Ive also shot the forty five caliber in a smooth short Harvester sabot. Seems to be a pretty popular bullet.

Latest posts

Back