Fury Bullet -- UltraLight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4398.JPG

These bullets size quite easy, and stay sized over night. To fit the barrel of the rifle, they were sized to 0.4502" or so.

It was -2° at the house this morning. The old diesel spun a few times before it popped. Up at 4600' it was 0° when shooting commenced. Temperature was 1° after 10 shots taken.

The load was 105 grain Blackhorn, 0.060" fiber wad, Federal 209A primer. The shooting started from a cold clean barrel. Shots were made as quickly as the rifle was loaded without hurry. No cleaning between shots.

IMG_4394.JPG

One of my favorite bullets,, I shoot it in all of my smokeless guns, it's my favorite bullet in my CVA Accura Mr, I shot a nice buck 200 yards away with my CVA this winter destroyed a shoulder and actually exited in fragments on the other shoulder and the deer just piled up,, I'm a big fury bullet fan

used 77 grn, by weight in my 1-24 knight .50 with fury star tip , Knurled from Fury to .503

Hey Ron, did those bullets get harder to load as shots progressed?

No, seems Blackhorn fouling is a kind of a lubricant. Before experimenting with these land riders; assumed two sizes of bullets would be needed. One size for a clean bore, and another for a fouled bore. Turns out one size bullet fits both clean, and fouled bore.

Was going to leave the bore fouled between a few shooting trips, but it turns out that isn't necessary. Money was wasted on the nitride barrel it seems. However one thing did surprise me regarding the nitride barrel, and perhaps makes it worth the extra cost. The nitride barrel sure is pretty. Ha

We appreciate your sharing and your efforts, shooting in 0* weather would be near impossible for me. Another question, could you estimate the force it takes to push the bullet down the barrel (not seating force)?

No, seems Blackhorn fouling is a kind of a lubricant. Before experimenting with these land riders; assumed two sizes of bullets would be needed. One size for a clean bore, and another for a fouled bore. Turns out one size bullet fits both clean, and fouled bore.

Was going to leave the bore fouled between a few shooting trips, but it turns out that isn't necessary. Money was wasted on the nitride barrel it seems. However one thing did surprise me regarding the nitride barrel, and perhaps makes it worth the extra cost. The nitride barrel sure is pretty. Ha

Ron, would you like to shoot some of the Fury ST2 bullets in 300gr just to play with?

Sure. Do have 275g, and 300g Star Tip Mz on order. When they arrive, will be shooting them. Have a lot of research ahead.

Here we cannot use magnified optic. This means there is no real need for the ST2 for hunting; will never use them.

You bet i will shoot them ST2 for fun, after the rifle is sighted for the 300g ST Mz; that is a way away.

......could you estimate the force it takes to push the bullet down the barrel (not seating force)?

No i just cannot. They go down the barrel nice, and easy sized the way they are. They feel good when loading; not too loose.

The rifle is loaded right now; can't load it using a bathroom scale. After the next outing; will give the bathroom scale a try, and provide an estimate........hopefully.

Sure. Do have 275g, and 300g Star Tip Mz on order. When they arrive, will be shooting them. Have a lot of research ahead.

Here we cannot use magnified optic. This means there is no real need for the ST2 for hunting; will never use them.

You bet i will shoot them ST2 for fun, after the rifle is sighted for the 300g ST Mz; that is a way away.

I still have your address. In the next day or so I have to make a trip to the PO to mail some books to a great niece. I'll send you a few that you can play with.
They might require one additional click on the sizing die with the longer surface, but they will remain sized just like your previous.

Im in the same boat simply because i just dont shoot ranges that need the cool ST2 tip. Plain ole StarTips are fine for my needs and cheaper too.

I still think Fury should consider the "package to bore" 45s like he did with the 50s. Make them .450 and knurled up to order. I lucked out. My 45 1-20 takes a bullet sized through a cheap lee .451 die just fine. I prefer a slightly under sized and knurled up a little over lands though.

Ron, would you like to try some polywads? They fit very tight in the bore. They are also very cheap at Buffalo Arms if you end up liking them.

Last edited:
NP, from what i can tell they will seal very well. They are hard but not too hard. My best guess is they will work well with BH209 and sabotless jacketed.

.......could you estimate the force it takes to push the bullet down the barrel.......
........will give the bathroom scale a try, and provide an estimate........hopefully

Tried using the bathroom scale to provide an estimate.........didn't work. Thus far, can't estimate the force. May try a fish scale........?

........could you estimate the force it takes to push the bullet down the barrel.......
Herschel,

This morning the rifle was fired, and then cleaned. Then hung from a fish scale, and loaded. When pushing the bullet down the barrel; the rifle danced; the scale seemed to dance between 15 & 25 pounds, but who knows. The rifle/scope weigh 7½ pounds.

The force to push the bullet to the powder is then estimated, estimated, estimated to be around 13 pounds when the barrel is clean, some more when fouled.

Great news, you should be getting a good “feel” for the force it takes to ram it down. You will know when ones too tight or too loose. Thanks.

Thank's George,

Bullets arrived today. Bill hitched a ride too. Must take to traveling.

Will work up a load using the 300g ST bullet when they show, then give your ST2 bullet a look. Thank you George!

You are welcome.
Yup, that exact bill has been doing its share of traveling.
Be safe and have some fun.

Back