Fury Star Tip 250 gr. .40 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redear

Reaction score
I have been getting good groups with these bullets, these are the crimp nosed ones. Been shooting them saboted in my Scout conversion with 54 gr. Imr 4198 so far and plan on trying 55 and 56 gr, too. Anyone here taken any deer with these bullets in the 2400 fps range or so? I'm just wondering if I would get any expansion on a deer at say 175 yds with it. I see Dennis also offers a .402 polymer tipped star tip in 250 gr. and it has a lighter jacket. I'm wondering if I could get those down the barrel in a sabot being as they are .002 larger.

I see Lee offers a bullet sizer for cast bullets in .401 , are these the sizers ya'll buy from Lee? would they do for sizing these copper jacketed fury's? I'm thinking .401 would be ok for my gun as .400 isn't hard to get down the barrel.

tightening the fore arm up on my Scout has really made a difference in accuracy. I'm having good results with bullets that I had no luck with before.

I see Lee offers a bullet sizer for cast bullets in .401 , are these the sizers ya'll buy from Lee? would they do for sizing these copper jacketed fury's? I'm thinking .401 would be ok for my gun as .400 isn't hard to get down the barrel.
Hey redear, I have a .40 TC Seneca that I primarily shoot jacketed 10mm pistol bullets out of.
I use a Lee .397 die ONLY for the jacketed bullets & it's great. When I shoot cast lead & NON jacketed 10mm pistol bullets I just load the .401's with no sizing & no probs at all.

I shot 5 deer a few seasons back in Tenn. with the .40 lead tipped bonded 250gr saboted with 56gr H4198 @ 2465 and only 1 shot with any distance and it was around 180yds quartering away took out 3 ribs onside and 2 offside and shattered big leg bone offside. I did not dig for tiny fragments but recovered 212gr of the bullet in 2 pieces from the shattered leg and the jacket was attached to the lead core. Good hunting bullets for medium range I don't think he makes the lead tip anymore as they are not listed .40 star tip was not available then. I would not hesitate to hunt with his bullets.

Last edited:
Back