FYI, New iron sights

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Just got an email from E Author Brown Co., they make a cool iron sight built into a picatanny rail. That way you could sight your gun in with scope, take scope off, and use the iron sights. Thought that was way cool if you cannot use scopes in muzzleloader season.Screenshot_20211208-184205_Chrome.jpg

Cautionary -- One may be required to use high rings in order to clear the peep sight. If one uses low rings the peep sight may need to be removed before a scope can be mounted.

I had this setup on an omega..neat concept..but then I realized for me it was just useless. In areas I can use a scope I’ll use a scoped rifle. In areas where that’s not allowed I’ll use a peep. Not much need for both on the same rifle..at least for me

For soe guns that are not tapped for a rear receiver sight this is a good option

I have this rear sight on my Optima V2 and I really like it. Much better than the factory rear sight, makes for a longer sight plane and yet is open enough with the twilight eyepiece, which it comes with, to see well in waning moments of legal shooting time.

I did have to go to a lower front sight with mine. I was maxed out on the rear sight to get it sighted in and I was still about 1" low at 100 yds. I ended up with a little lower front sight but also one with a finer fiber optic which made longer distance sight in easier.

Latest posts

Back