Game camera help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
No photos but would like to post some if I can get cameras set up. Would like to have game cameras that would send me photos from my farm about 45 miles away. Would put in the woods and one on the buildings. Cell phone reception there is not always good. Would like brand names, providers etc. Anything that would be helpful to me. Thanks

I have had a ton of experience over the past 5 years with cell cameras. Keeping this short, the ONLY brand I would recommend is Tactacam. I have switched out all my cell cameras to Tactacams and they are working very well so far (knock on wood). Different people have different experiences, but I have tried Bushnell, Spypoint, and a variety of others that I can't even remember. Tactacam has worked all season for me, they are easy to set up, they send the clearest pics of any cameras I have used, and their app is fantastic. I really hope they continue working like this.

I also would recommend Tactacam. I have 3 of them and have been impressed with quality of photos. I am planning on setting one up at my house as a security camera. It will send me a notification almost immediately when someone comes up to house.

I setup a cheap tasco with spy point cell link. It was an area i wasn't sure about theft on a new place i was hunting private that had trespassers. While the pics sent to me were grainy i wasn't looking for great photos. I had this setup when you could get the cell link for $35 & $28 tasco. It was cheap & affective & still going strong. I wasn't dissapointed at all. This area had great cell service close to a major highway. I recently bought a tactacam reveal x & looking forward to some clearer pics. No dissapointment in spy point or the tasco. It was awesome getting pics sent to my phone & don't think i will buy a non cell cam anymore

I just purchased a Tactacam and set it up out back as we have a coyote issue going on right now. Hopefully will render that soon! Bought mine at Walmart for $119. You HAVE to use the correct SD card for these cams though, can't use just any card. The cam came with two sim cards, one for AT&T and the other for Verizon. You don not have to use the same provider as your phone. You use which ever one has the best signal in the particular area when your cam is going to be located.

Back