General Topics Post thread You can talk about anything here.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure is but just like someone's house the 1st does not cover privately owned things such as forums. Come into my home talking any trash and you will get shown the door. Rule here is NO POLITICS. We have been abundantly clear about this numerous times. There are tons of places on the net you can discuss politics.

Hot topics where no one's opinion is ever changed. Only hard feelings result, nothing is really gained.

Exactly
Im on a couple forums with a "hot topic" section and it just creates tons of issues. Now imagine being a mod/admin dealing with those issues and agreeing with one side but having to moderate it all the time. Hell you would not even be able to voice your own opinion and handle the moderation without cries of favoritism ect. We considered a section for this and not one mod/admin wanted to deal with it.

Our sister site (FML) has a political section. If you want to get into heated political debates take it someplace like that. Same goes for religious debates. You wont change my mind and i wont change yours. While religious topics are far less moderated and basically allowed, DEBATES wont be. The only thing it will do is piss people off and then the mods/admin got to deal with all the reported posts.

Had a wonderful Easter, weather was great, looking at milder temperatures the rest of the week. Nice to be outside with only a flannel shirt !

I agree, this Forum is about shooting, cleaning, and learning to get the most out of your Muzzle Loader. If people want to discuss Politics, Religion etc, then they should go to Forums that cater to those subjects. I've seen relationships between friends and family members where they get into fights, say things they regret later that causes them to split forever. And for what, did you change their minds? NO! So let's stick to what this forum is about and let us all share our knowledge experience etc. Remember what one member states what you should do may not be to your liking. So listen and pick and choose what works for you and in the end, we'll all be happy. As long as you get the results you are looking for is all that matters.

Back