Georgia Muzzleloader Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01Foreman400

Reaction score
Shot this Georgia buck on 10/13 in the afternoon. If you look at his neck you can see where my buddy shot him on Saturday 10/9 afternoon. He wasn’t aiming for the neck though. Guess his nerves got the best of him. We tracked blood for 80 or so yards then he had a tracking dog come out. He also searched for him the next day as well.

The story of this hunt. I was actually packing up my things and decided to take one last glance with my binoculars when I saw him step out into the plot. I knew immediately which buck it was. I quickly grabbed my ear muffs that I had put in my pack on, settled my rifle and put the crosshairs behind his shoulder then squeezed the trigger. As the smoke filled the air I couldn’t see anything. I heard crashing straight in front of me though. I got down after packing everything up and walked to the edge of the plot where I had heard the crashing noise and he made it about 5 yards out of the plot. Very thankful my buddy (not the one who shot him Saturday LOL) was there to help me drag him out and take pictures for me. I did call my buddy that shot him Saturday on the way to the processor and we had some laughs about it.

C66FEACE-E5F0-491D-843A-85F667BA3F9A.jpegE93DC40D-87ED-4ED6-89B9-4DC80F60F9EB.jpegB33B5FB6-BE41-4C9C-9F5B-683B33B0BD8D.jpegDE2A42F3-844A-4D76-AD83-21CC0672119E.jpeg0655A543-8CC7-4BA3-BB67-721E78CE761B.jpeg

That's a dandy animal. Love that tall rack with the long tines. Impressive weight too. Great take!

Beautiful buck and very big by Georgia standards! It’s nice to have a great story to politely rub in a buddy’s face occasionally.

Good Buck, I’d be proud of him. :lewis:

Wow tough SOB I've shot plenty of deer in the neck and they all drop on the spot. Mind you I've only neck shot deer with my 300 win mag. With the muzzleloader the deer the families got so far have both been boiler room shots. Congratulations on a great buck.

Latest posts

Back