German #4 Reticle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Toying with the idea of getting a scope with the German #4 Reticle Heavy Duplex with or without a illuminated Red dot. Anybody have a scope like this? What’s your opinion. I haven’t seen any in any stores

I think Meopta might have a couple that dont cost a fortune. They still are not cheap but i think they offer German #4.

They no longer offer that scope so getting specs is a pain atm. Go to the Burris website for the current E1 models. At the bottom of the page in reviews is a pic of the illuminated #4....Looks kinda cool
https://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/fullfield-e1-riflescopes-series/fullfield-e1-riflescope-3-9x40mm
fc1cd2cb-e4ea-520e-9dfe-1ec7e316da55

Looks like it may be a "Phillipines" scope, but I've had excellent success with'em. Makes a lot of sense for a shorter-range gun.

The E1 series has been a favorite of mine . Especially the 2x7. I like the simple E1 Rifle Plex what I call "floating reticle" . I find it not overly busy with hash marks. Easier to use. Good eye relief .
The new Fullfield IV has some nice features.
All have decent price points.
Have never had a Burris to fail me. Not to say it can't though.

The new model reticle is a little different but kinda cool. Sadly the FF IV and Sig HD are made in China. As far as i know all the other FF lines are from the Phillipines. No other scope they sell has this reticle but the Veracity FFP E1 is close.
e3-moa.png

Dunns has a good deal on a 4-12x42 with side focus. This is cheaper than im seeing anywhere else atm
https://shopdunns.com/product/burri...mm-ballistic-plex-reticle-rifle-scope-200349/

I use a Kahles 6x42, Meopta 6x42 and a Leupold 6x42 all with the #4 reticle. I prefer the fixed 6x but they are getting harder to find

I hope Burris has a winner with the FF IV just because it looks good on paper and a couple of the reticles are interesting. The Sig HD line though while they look nice they are also in the price range of other scopes made in Japan, USA and Philippines. A couple of them are in the Veracity and Meopta price range too. I meen, you know you will like Meopta glass and the warranty is less likely to be used.

Burris scopes made in the Philippines seem ok for the price. A few are even exceptional when on sale.

I have a Swarovski Z3 3-9x36mm with a 4A reticle on a Jack Plate on my Ravin crossbow. Love the reticle in this scope, used to have one on my TC.

Don’t need illumination with this one.

DSCN2821.JPG

I have a meopta meopro 4-12x50 on my 243 and it is by far my favorite reticle. A little heavier crosshairs easier to pick up in low light and the thin upper crosshair seems to give me a better view with my old eyes. Looking for something withe the red dot also.

Latest posts

Back