Get Together??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperKirby

Reaction score
Maybe this should be in the general area, but I figured more people would see it here. Mod can move it if you want.

For those that would be interested, would it be better to approach this as a competition or a MM get together? My gut says at least the first go around as a get together. I know that on the farm I can set up a few lanes at 100 yards and room for one or maybe two at 350-400. Not really an ideal set up for a competition but just fine for a bunch of guys to get together for a day or afternoon of shooting, a cookout, etc. I've never shot anywhere other than the farm so not sure what's available for ranges in the area.

If people are interested let me know and we'll figure this out. If there's enough interest then we can start a sign up.

I would be interested. You could combine the two and make it informal as you can.

I'm in! I agree with 45-70 combine both a MM get together and an informal competition.

As for ranges in our area... not much. St. Cloud has a 200 yard range and Elk River has up to 600 but its members only and has like a 10 year waiting list. The farm would work just fine.

Interested, but it all depends on health at the time.

If its your knee again I got a wagon I pull the kids behind the ATV in I can volunteer to cart you around. :lewis:

It would probably have to be sometime in August. I coach baseball through July and have to keep September open for cutting hay and whatnot. Plus everything should be dry by then.

So where is central MN? I'll bet Ma would be up for a camping expedition that included a get together.

Ma said she'd be up for a camping trip in August so as far as I know it is fine on that date.

That would work for me also.

Anybody else watching this think this is something they would be interested in attending?

I have some interest but cannot fully commit. I normally work Sat, Sun, and Monday so I miss out on all the good stuff.

I would love to come, its just a bit too far for me from Eastern Long Island.:(

What? I just looked. It’s only 1300 miles. What’s the real reason you don’t want to come?:p

4.5 hr drive for me, that's doable. I'm sure Ma and the kids could be forced to go shopping in Minny while I make some smoke.:woohoo: The only problem is my work schedule changes every month so I wouldn't know if I could go until the first week in July.

Back