Getting Powder to the range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Pittman's 5ml vials and the nice 25 vial boxes I have several boxes.

Kimber, no such thing as a microwave in our house in them days. That was just putting the hopper in the cupboard still full of Vihta Vouri smokeless, ( with the top on), for a few weeks.

I got Lane tubes and was going to bring them to the range with measured powder

The eowpower 5ml tubes I referenced will fit perfectly in a case guard S25 shotgun shell holder for 20 gauge and 3" mag.
92 grains of BH209 max if vibrated tight.

Around .5" ID x 2" long. They look really similar to the tubes sold by Lane and Pittman so i would imagine they hold a similar amount of powder.

I got these from Amazon. $8.99 for 50. Holds 92 grains of BH 209. Fat bottom. Screw on caps.

Eowpower 50pcs 5ml Plastic Graduated Vial Storage Container Test Tubes with Screw Caps

https://www.pittmanbullets.com/shooting-accessories/
5ML tubes will hold up to 86 grains by weight of BH209 5ML tubes are graduated to 5ml, but will hold 7ml filled to the top.
cache_895897144.JPG

Last edited:
I am COMPLETELY Sold on my Waterproof Glass Vials & 20 Gauge MTM Case for them from Buffalo Arms Co. They are EXTREMELY Durable (I seen one Bounce off a Concrete Floor from about 6-7 Feet, Didn’t hurt it a Bit) Dave Gullo uses these (And MANY MANY other BPCR Competitors use them) Exclusively, Dave Told me that he has yet to Break one, and they have been Dropped on about every Surface imaginable at one time or another. I get ZERO Static Cling from these Brand new UNTREATED Glass Vials (Unlike my Plastic Vials that i had to Treat for Static Cling) These New Glass Vials RETIRED my Old Plastic Vials, These are Definitely the way i will go from here on out :lewis:

80 and 100 Grain Charges to Show Capacity, These will easily Hold Powder Charges MUCH larger than i will ever use
EfYuF5g.jpg

The 20 Gauge MTM Case is SOLID, Definate “Snap/Click” Shut, This Box will NOT come open unless you Want it to
lEGx5M2.jpg

t0X6DBi.jpg

Idaholewis- can you provide a link where to get those vials?

Latest posts

Back