Good season out of state hunting.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambushunter

Reaction score
We had a great season hunting outside our home state of IN, had a great year in IN as well. Three tags, three different states, all tags notched.

First hunt was CO on a leftover 2nd rifle tag, solo DIY on public. No harvest pics, I shot him the afternoon before I had to leave, packed out in the dark and was on the road before sunrise.
20221106_105011.jpg20221106_105022.jpg

Next up was SD with my son. This was a short trip, was back home in IN 36 hours after we left and had a 14 hour drive each way, stars just aligned and gave us a good buck first morning. Another diy public land hunt.
20221123_084716.jpg

I finished up my season back in WY to fill another diy, public land cow tag. I took a buddy on this trip, but he was unsuccessful.
Resized_20221206_171248(1).jpg
Our freezers are full and we are sharing our good fortune with family and friends. Already looking forward to next year.

Busy boy, that's for sure.

The trip where you collected the whitetail in SD reminded me of some of my "out west" adventures. Leave at 4pm and drive all night getting to Brodus MT at 6:30 am. Refuel, eat some breakfast, then head to the hills, literally, and hunt all day. Load the dead critters by evening, go eat a decent dinner, maybe get a few hours of nap time in the truck seat, then head back home. We hunted the "Missouri Breaks" region for years that way.

We had a great season hunting outside our home state of IN, had a great year in IN as well. Three tags, three different states, all tags notched.

First hunt was CO on a leftover 2nd rifle tag, solo DIY on public. No harvest pics, I shot him the afternoon before I had to leave, packed out in the dark and was on the road before sunrise.
View attachment 29566View attachment 29567

Next up was SD with my son. This was a short trip, was back home in IN 36 hours after we left and had a 14 hour drive each way, stars just aligned and gave us a good buck first morning. Another diy public land hunt.
View attachment 29568

I finished up my season back in WY to fill another diy, public land cow tag. I took a buddy on this trip, but he was unsuccessful.
View attachment 29569
Our freezers are full and we are sharing our good fortune with family and friends. Already looking forward to next year.
Awesome hunts! Congrats :thumb:

View attachment 29566View attachment 29567

View attachment 29568

View attachment 29569
Fantastic season there, congrats. Thanks for the pics

Excellent way to go
sharing is the best part and to tell the stories again is always fun
good job

congrats. You have a lot of good eating there. Elk is fine table fare. I hear the only venison better is caribou but I never tried that.
I have a neighbor at my FL home that has a lot of property in WV he said has deer all over it. He has given me permission to hunt it. I just may take him up on it this year. Depends when I or if I'm able to fill my PA tags.

Colorado 2nd rifle season diy elk hunt is what my brother and I are trying to do this Oct.We are trying to find public land around Pueblo in the s.e. part of Colorado.Neither one of us can do past 7000 ft,so we are looking for public land or blm to hunt on.Congradulations on all of your hunts.

Back