Got a Boar

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I wish. Doing a pig or two is on my list. We were going to hit the Gulf for a couple weeks this winter but everywhere down there is torn up from weather. A pig hunt might be something I can steer the lady towards. HA!

Not a muzzleloader but it is at least the disowned step child of the muzzleloader. The single shot breechloader.

Nice hog.

Nice looking Hog & Ruger #1 :lewis: I use to have one that looked just like it in .30-06, I wish i stil had it today

The 9.3 gets it done. i took that rifle because a sounder of large hogs visit the feeder there, i want to do a twofer kill on large hogs.

Attachments

• Big Hogs.JPG
    Big Hogs.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 34
Love the Ruger #1. Had one in my early days with a Shilen stainless bull barrel in .240 Weatherby Magnum. Tac driving son of a gun. Still regret the day i sold it to a neighbor who wont sell it back to me. :wall:
DL

Every person that I knew that owned a .240 Weatherby Magnum said the same thing. That the rifle's were tack driving, sub-M.O.A. shooting guns. Their only complaint was from throat erosion due to the extreme high velocity, coupled with the 0.224" diameter bullets.

Every person that I knew that owned a .240 Weatherby Magnum said the same thing. That the rifle's were tack driving, sub-M.O.A. shooting guns. Their only complaint was from throat erosion due to the extreme high velocity, coupled with the 0.224" diameter bullets.
I know exactly what you meen. When i bought that rifle the man who built it was a serious LR target shooter. His loads where extremely hot and he had a little throat erosion. I carried the rifle back to Ed Shilen and had him check it out. We backed off the loads to a reasonable amount and i had no more problens, only problem was the rifle weighed over 10 lbs. The empty hulls were about $2.00 apiece back then so when i ejected a shell, first instinct is to recover said empty. That 100 grain bullet extremely destructive on deer meat. Not a good hunting rifle for an avid reloader.
DL

Back