Got a question on pistol barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DESPERATE LEE

Reaction score
I have question on a pistol barrel. The ASM CVA Prospector is a close copy of the Tingle single shot pistol. Does anyone here have an idea how these barrels were made. I might want some extras for my CVA Prospector pistol. Are they drilled blind then rifled and then drilled for the nipple? Or are they made with a barrel blank and a breech plug installed then the rest of it is machined? I wouldn't mind a 32 cal or a 36 cal or a true 45 cal spare barrels.
Tingleapart_zps3a35bfdf.jpgTinglenipple_zps83953aab.jpgIMG_1042.JPG
DL

Based on the 3rd photo it looks logical to me, to begin with an octagonal rifled barrel.

If the true 45 cal was an increase that might be an easy job with the guy everybody recommends.

I found this on the internet today for a CVA Prospector. This guy was in Germany and from the parts break down i am wondering if there is a breech plug here. The second picture is what i may be interested in. A spare barrel of say 18-20 inches in length with a shoulder stock. Looks really cool.
DL :lewis::bravo::thumb:
15101779dx.jpg15101783ta.jpg15101785en.jpg

Back