Got my first

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! I love all things hunting, but turkey hunting is addictive. Spring is such a fun time to be out in the trees.
It sure is. My first favorite is elk hunting which I’m too broke down to do right anymore. I love to deer hunt but my 2nd fav is definitely turkey hunting. I see your username is sandhillhunter. I take it you might be from Nebraska. Turkey central. I’m gonna try to come out next year maybe around valentine to try to get my white bird. I’ve crippled up right now is why I didn’t come this year. Do you have any suggestions for public for that area or others. Just general info. Not after any personal honeyholes.

It sure is. My first favorite is elk hunting which I’m too broke down to do right anymore. I love to deer hunt but my 2nd fav is definitely turkey hunting. I see your username is sandhillhunter. I take it you might be from Nebraska. Turkey central. I’m gonna try to come out next year maybe around valentine to try to get my white bird. I’ve crippled up right now is why I didn’t come this year. Do you have any suggestions for public for that area or others. Just general info. Not after any personal honeyholes.

Yep, Nebraska. I have taken birds off of the national forest at Halsey. You will run into other hunters, but birds are there. It also has decent camping. Not sure how it is now, but there use to be lots of atv riders also, which is a pain. Hit some of the smaller WMA's around and you will most likely connect.

Well done, congrats. Turkey hunting is awesome, but can be frustrating if there aren't may birds, or they simply chose not to cooperate. Between my daughter and myself we have only bagged two in the past 5 years (pursued them pretty heavily). Enjoy your new tradition of spring hunting.

Back