Got One

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bones816

Reaction score
I haven't been on here for quite a long time. Started looking for some info and ended up back here! Shot a buck last week with my Accura PR. Shot was near 100 yards. 110 gr by volume of loose 777 and a 265 gr Lehigh Defense CF in a MMP-HPH-24. Bullet entered mid rib and exited just behind the shoulder. He went nearly 100 yards and there was no blood for the first 30-40 or so. I was beginning to worry when I finally saw blood. A good amount after that and walked right along to him. The whole purpose of that bullet was to insure an exit hole and it did it's job.

Attachments

• IMG_2644.jpg
    IMG_2644.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2653.jpg
    IMG_2653.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 59
Congrats and way to stay with it and find blood. Fine looking deer.

Good job. I've shot probably half dozen with that style bullet. (I use 250 bloodlines)
I've found that they usually run about 50yds (sometimes less), although I had one last year run more than 100 with a massive blood trail. Typically there is plenty of blood after the first initial burst. Shot a doe a few days ago that went about 50yds, after first 10yds the blood got really good. Double lung shot. I love the fracturing aspect. This deer had the main exit hole and the 6 petal holes as well, all exited. :lewis:

Latest posts

Back