Gotta love the seasons.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Fishing season, then deer season......and now sausage season.

RagW7Z9.jpg

The jerky is finished. The summer sausage [21 sticks] gets smoked later today or tomorrow, depending on the illustrious winter forecast for significant snowfall. Then the ring bologna gets done up followed by pork bratwurst and pork breakfast sausage and then finally the venison polish sausage get done. Any remaining venison will get ground and stuffed as snack sticks. I love my jerky seasoning and plan to stuff the sticks seasoned with the jerky spice blend for a change.

Stay tuned as I work my way thru the 110 pounds of clean, well trimmed, venison.

Fishing season, then deer season......and now sausage season.

RagW7Z9.jpg

The jerky is finished. The summer sausage [21 sticks] gets smoked later today or tomorrow, depending on the illustrious winter forecast for significant snowfall. Then the ring bologna gets done up followed by pork bratwurst and pork breakfast sausage and then finally the venison polish sausage get done. Any remaining venison will get ground and stuffed as snack sticks. I love my jerky seasoning and plan to stuff the sticks seasoned with the jerky spice blend for a change.

Stay tuned as I work my way thru the 110 pounds of clean, well trimmed, venison.
You gonna teach us the specifics Mr Tom ???

LOL. Shoot a deer. Buy some pork butts. Bone and trim both. Purchase a 25 pound batch of cure/seasonings and some casings. Cube the meat [1"] at a ratio of 18 pounds of venison, 7 pounds of fatty pork, add the cure and seasonings and blend well then grind coarse followed by a fine [hamburger] grind. Stuff into casings off the grinder or using a stuffer. Smoke in moderate heat for three to four hours, then transfer to cookie sheets in an oven set at 190 degrees until each stick registers an internal temp of at least 152 degrees. As each stick attains that temp remove and hang in a cool area where vermin cannot get to it for two or three days then vacuum seal and freeze. Simple.

LOL. Shoot a deer. Buy some pork butts. Bone and trim both. Purchase a 25 pound batch of cure/seasonings and some casings. Cube the meat [1"] at a ratio of 18 pounds of venison, 7 pounds of fatty pork, add the cure and seasonings and blend well then grind coarse followed by a fine [hamburger] grind. Stuff into casings off the grinder or using a stuffer. Smoke in moderate heat for three to four hours, then transfer to cookie sheets in an oven set at 190 degrees until each stick registers an internal temp of at least 152 degrees. As each stick attains that temp remove and hang in a cool area where vermin cannot get to it for two or three days then vacuum seal and freeze. Simple.
Mr Tom you forgot the most important part.........TASTE TESTIN !!!!!! LOL !!!!!!

I pretty much thought taste testing was a given. I'm pretty popular this time of year with the family and grandkids.

Here they are after cooling and the 2 day hanging time. Tomorrow they get vacuum sealed. I had to try a slice and it is goooood stuff.

484qAe7.jpg

God Im smackin my lips right now Mmmmmmm.
I thinks mr tom NEEDS help with them.....we should Assist him......:D
I even know how to say
"Abra-'kadabra".......:eek:

Last edited:
Looks like more than 1 man (should) be able to handle. Looks like some fine eating.

They're all sealed up and resting comfortably in the freezer now except that one that had an end missing. That particular stick is much shorter now and I can tell you all that the stuff sucks and you wouldn't want to eat it. o_O That said, I won't need to send an address or share as I choose to get rid of this stuff in person and save all the sour faces that would appear while chewing on it..

Splained your way out of divyin to us moochers.

Would consider a freezer invasion except for that pesky fact that (Mr Tom must be a pretty good shot as seen in the evidence hangin). Just sayin.

Back