Grandson Scores

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I went out hunting today during our Late ML Season with my son and grandsons today before the snow came. My oldest grandson took his new girlfriend out with him and they shared a double treestand together. I hunted in another double treestand with my other grandson and my son hunted with his youngest son.

As luck would have it, a nice fat doe came by and presented a 50 + yard shot for my grandson, who was hunting with his girlfriend. The doe ran about 50-60 yards before giving up the ghost. This is the first time a deer ran that far with the 451 350gr HP Gould bullet. But to be honest my grandson shot a little further back then he wanted, which explains why she ran so far. In either case, the blood trail was easy to follow.

Braden's Doe.JPG
Braden & Jade.JPG

Last edited:
Well, I went out hunting today during our Late ML Season with my son and grandsons today before the snow came. My oldest grandson took his new girlfriend out with him and they shared a double treestand together. I hunted in another double treestand with my other grandson and my son hunted with his youngest son.

As luck would have it, a nice fat doe came by and presented a 50 + yard shot for my grandson, who was hunting with his girlfriend. The doe ran about 50-60 yards before giving up the ghost. This is the first time a deer ran that far with the 451 350gr HP Gould bullet. But to be honest my grandson shot a little further back then he wanted, which explains why she ran so far. In either case, the blood trail was easy to follow.

View attachment 3560
View attachment 3562

Dang! they look pretty darn happy!!! that is so cool..

Very Good!!! Did you have the Ole “Hotrod” Renegade with you Ed?

Building great memories. Congrats to the Grandson.

Nice job on getting the kids in the woods. Congrats to him on his deer. Can't get much better really...deer, girl friend in the stand so she can share the moment. What a memory for him.

Ed,
Hope all's well.
Congrats to your grandson....a real nice deer for sure. Glad you and your family are keeping the tradition alive!

Phil

Awesome all the way around! The shot, the smiles, the pic, the size of that doe and getting them out in the woods. Congrats to all.

Thanks guys I really going out with my Grandsons. The only problem is it’s been several years since I shot any deer. But I get more enjoyment sitting with one of them and being there when they get their deer.

Thanks guys I really going out with my Grandsons. The only problem is it’s been several years since I shot any deer. But I get more enjoyment sitting with one of them and being there when they get their deer.

Making memories Ed! Stuff them Boy’s will never forget!!

That video clip of your little Grandson when he was literally “Shook up” I Got a HUGE kick out of that! PRICELESS!!

Latest posts

Back