Great bullet source

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackpowder8bore

Reaction score
I have a Knight .50(.503),a Vortek .50, an 8 bore(.835), a Pedersoli Kodiak SxS .58(.585-7/.585),a custom Carbine .58(.577),a smoothbore .66, a Traditions 1:20 .45(.451),a Remington 700ML .50,and a Remington 700UML .50(.5015)....
And I get all my hard and soft cast lead bullets and .729 shotgun slugs, 500-1200 grains, for my NEF bull barrel Ultra Slug Hunter, from a guy named Mr.Hollowpoint online. He can cast anything and size it how you want it,all kinds of custom stuff.

www.mrhollowpoint.com

I'm not a caster myself but this guy can do ANYTHING and will make custom molds if you need and buy enough. I'm not trying to advertise for him, but its a wealth of bullets.

Attachments

• balls111_orig (1).jpg
    balls111_orig (1).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 452-spitzers_orig.jpg
    452-spitzers_orig.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 263
  • 58-600_orig.jpg
    58-600_orig.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 263
Good info but reads like an ad. There are some guys here who cast beautiful bullets at fraction of his cost and are very helpful with sizing etc.

He does a lot of airgun stuff and he is pretty expensive s he caters to big bore airgunners. As said there are guys on here that will do it for a lot more reasonable price.

I have a HARD time with the Idea of a Hollow Point Bullet of ANY sort on Game, When i think of a Hollow Point, the VERY FIRST thing that comes to my mind is a Pistol, Self Defense Bullet.

I have the Lyman Gould Bullet Mold and i LOVE that Bullet!! But for Hunting i Personally would use the Solid Version, Thanks to 52bore for the AWESOME Pin he Made so i could pour these Bullets Solid :yeah: The Use of a Hollow Point bullet on Big Game is a Mental thing with me, And very unlikely i will ever get over it. HARD to teach an Old Dog new tricks :D

I personally like hollow points for deer as they are thin skinned and do not take much penetration to kill.
If I was going to shoot a hollow point for Elk or big animals it would be a really big bullet like a 600 gr or something where the base would still be pushing thru even after expansion.

Idaholewis said:
I have a HARD time with the Idea of a Hollow Point Bullet of ANY sort on Game, When i think of a Hollow Point, the VERY FIRST thing that comes to my mind is a Pistol, Self Defense Bullet.

I have the Lyman Gould Bullet Mold and i LOVE that Bullet!! But for Hunting i Personally would use the Solid Version, Thanks to 52bore for the AWESOME Pin he Made so i could pour these Bullets Solid :yeah: The Use of a Hollow Point bullet on Big Game is a Mental thing with me, And very unlikely i will ever get over it. HARD to teach an Old Dog new tricks :D

dbowling said:
I personally like hollow points for deer as they are thin skinned and do not take much penetration to kill.
If I was going to shoot a hollow point for Elk or big animals it would be a really big bullet like a 600 gr or something where the base would still be pushing thru even after expansion

There’s no doubt they Work, I have seen Pics on here of Folks that have Killed Deer with Hollow Point Lead Conicals, 52bore had a Pic or 2, I know Ed, and a few others Swear By them. For hunting, I’ll be sticking with the Solid Version :yeah:

Lew, you are correct in that both HP and Solid Lead conicals will work just fine on the game we hunt. I would definitely prefer solids if going for Elk.

There are two reasons why I went with the 330gr Gould HP bullet. One Doc wrote me one time and said for Deer you couldn't find a better bullet. In fact, just before White went under he was looking to see if there was a way to mass produce them and sell them under White. So that got me interested in that bullet. The second reason was my young grandsons wanted to go hunting and they couldn't handle recoil. So I tested a load of 50gr of 777-3F and got a Muzzle Velocity of 1000FPS. Not only was the recoil light enough for him the accuracy was great at 50yds. We had him keep his shots to within 50yds. I felt with the lower velocity a Hollow Point would be better to help ensure the bullet performed appropriately. Well as luck would have it a nice size doe came in around 50yds and at the shot, she dropped right where she was standing. Since then he has taken another doe with that load and she ran about 20 yds. My other grandsons shot loads of 60-70gr of 777-3F with the same kind of results.

From the tests Ron performed on both the HP and Solids on my bullets, they both had the same devastating results on the first two jugs. (Which is would be the diameter of most deer). The only difference is the solid had a little more shank left as compared to the HP. Both seemed to expand to approximately 1". You really can't go wrong with either or, but you couldn't convince my grandsons to switch to a solid bullet. GRIN

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27287&p=210213&hilit=350gr+HP#p210213

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28537

Latest posts

Back