Green Mountain Stainless .45/.50 “Switch Rig”

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the “KEY” ingredient in my Lubes that STOPS Barrel Leading. To 1 pound of Bullshop‘s NASA i add 2 of the Little Bottles. Make sure and use a Double Boiler type Setup, DON’T Melt over Direct Heat or you Risk Scorching it

gKbTb3O.jpg
So i made up a pound of this stuff. I used it on some 460 NE's that wouldnt group well in a couple different guns. Cleaned off the blue lube and applied this nasa/stihl lube and it shot great! Wow. Except that I forgot to hold the gun tight on one shot and got smacked hard in the face by my scope. I'll spare you the closeup of my face and the cuts. Thank God for safety glasses.

So i made up a pound of this stuff. I used it on some 460 NE's that wouldnt group well in a couple different guns. Cleaned off the blue lube and applied this nasa/stihl lube and it shot great! Wow. Except that I forgot to hold the gun tight on one shot and got smacked hard in the face by my scope. I'll spare you the closeup of my face and the cuts. Thank God for safety glasses.

AWESOME Deal MM :lewis: Except for getting Smacked :(

Stihl HP Ultra incorporated in Bullet Lube Can make a BIG Difference, It will STOP, or at least DRASTICALLY Reduce Barrel Leading. I can RACE a 240 Grain PURE Lead .45 Cal Maxi Ball down 28” inches of Bore, With a MV of 2,000 Fps and Stil get ZERO Leading. I CANNOT do that with SPG, Or any other Regular Lube out there that I know of? The Stuff REALLY Works, I have been using it for quite sometime, I just haven’t spoke of it til Recently

As youve said in the past 'thin to win' or something like that. The NE lube is very stiff. The nasa lube is thin and gooey. Especially after adding the oil. Even at 40°f. Cleanup was a breeze. Im going to relube my gould bullets with it and shoot them hot and see what i get. I was starting to get leading a little bit at 80grn Volume of BH209 in my Accura. I want to see if i can shoot 90grn Volume with little or no leading.

As youve said in the past 'thin to win' or something like that. The NE lube is very stiff. The nasa lube is thin and gooey. Especially after adding the oil. Even at 40°f. Cleanup was a breeze. Im going to relube my gould bullets with it and shoot them hot and see what i get. I was starting to get leading a little bit at 80grn Volume of BH209 in my Accura. I want to see if i can shoot 90grn Volume with little or no leading.

Bullshop’s NASA is AWESOME Lube, But it’s WAY to Thick for my liking the way it Comes From them. I use 2 of the Little Stihl HP Ultra Bottles in 1 Pound of NASA. The thinner the Lube, the Better it’s been for me :lewis: Instead of the Lube Sticking in the Grooves, and Riding the Bullet to the Target, The thinner Lube Sheds away as the Bullet is Exiting the Bore. VERY Similar to a Paper Patch Bullet, where the Paper sticks to the Bullet, Causing POOR Accuracy

No, Since i usually shoot Groups of 6 Shots, maybe 12 at Most, I just lube them by Hand, then push them through my Sizer. I would definitely Pan Lube If i were doing any Real Quantity. I am the same way when i Cast Bullets, I don’t have any Stock pile so to Speak, i usually Cast just a Few more than i plan to Shoot/Test
Lewis, if you don’t mind, how exactly are you hand lubing your bullets?

What I’ve done in the past is take an old chapstick tube or the like. Melt lube pour it in and let it harden. The all you have to do is twist the cap to expose the lube. Otherwise I just use the broken pieces when I pan lube and rub the lube on.

What I’ve done in the past is take an old chapstick tube or the like. Melt lube pour it in and let it harden. The all you have to do is twist the cap to expose the lube. Otherwise I just use the broken pieces when I pan lube and rub the lube on.
Kind of what I was thinking about... I have a few old bowstring wax tubes, (why did I save those?) thought I would give them a whirl. Thanks!

I’ve used the pan lube pieces too, that’s a mess. Sticky lube winds up everywhere..

Latest posts

Back