Greetings from steel guitar!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steel guitar

Reaction score
Yesterday at 6:42 PM
Hello, y'all, or you guys!,
I'm from Texas, but!, I've worked up in the midwest and found out that, "everything in Texas is NOT bigger and better", but Texas is my home.
Anyway, my background, well, I'm a retired physics and chemistry teacher, and I still love teaching (Not that I'm smarter or better, it's the spiritual principle of help others and your life will be soo much happier!) and a shooter since 1973
Shooter, me, yes targets are for me so much more fun. I do my meat hunttin: at the local grocery store and with coupons, oh, I'm 64 but I always get the meat!
Ohh, shooting, senior moment, yes, I shot IPSIC, NRA action pistol, high power rifle, bullseye pistol and reached expert but not master and have many trophies which now have dust to remind me of my youth, but, after I got them I realized that if I shot in a different way that made it more challenging to me and come on last, those other guys would always show up at the next match and that made it sooo much more fun, what's that called???, comeradery (wrong spelling so -10 points for me, did I mention that I'm sarcastic, yes and that's how and why I like high school students.
And then in the 1990's I got into cowboy action shooting, showed up at my first match with 2 cap'n ball pistols and shot it for over 20 years and with everything real black powder. Hey, I shot muzzleloading shotguns, (yes, it's not legal, but by then many clubs knew I was there to just have fun and probably come in last, BUT I had ssoo much fun and everyone would watch me shoot for the FIRE and do it a harder but safer way!!!
Now, being retired and for the last 10+ years I go out to my local range and shoot muzzleloader rifles (I got so many that my love sayes they are my toys, YES they are!!)
One last thing,
My name here, steel guitar? Yes I play, I like jazz (imagene that!!) but here in Texas if yu wanta make money, you play country, ok I can do it with some swing and jazz chords! so for the last 40+ years I've done it as my moonlite work. But, around my cowboy buddies I'm Greysmoke.
I'm glad to be a member here!!

Welcome from the home of blues and jazz, Missouri. Thanks for sharing a great introduction.

Latest posts

Back