Gun and ammunition prices

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A year and a half ago, I could buy a box of 9mm FMJ ammo for $12.99 a box. Now, they want $50 a box. Are you kidding me? I am not trying to stock pile, I just want some to shoot. I could just reload if I could get primers and powder. Somehow I managed to pick up a box of 500 FMJ bullets on sale somewhere, and I have picked up 9mm brass from time to time. What the heck?
Well about 20 years ago I had a pistol a Ruger p95. I used to go to the range about once a month. On the day that I was ready to go to the range I would just stop off at Walmart. It was at Walmart that I would pick up a box of Remington ammunition for about 12 or 13 dollars. I never had an issue with them being out of stock or it being hard to find. I never felt the need to stockpile ammunition.

I gave up the firearms until recently now I have come back into the fold. Boy the game has changed and not in a good way.
I haven’t bought a single round of ammo (for myself) since this madness started, and I still shoot regularly and am shooting 9mm ammo I paid “$12.99” or less for. I’m still loading 45 ammo for about 15 cents a round and have plenty powder and primers to do it with.
I don’t consider myself a “hoarder” but a prudent investor. Isn’t the goal of ”investing” to buy low and sell high?
Well, I’m not selling, but I’m not constantly searching for stock and buying inflated priced ammo either.
I’m 51 and have been a shooter my whole life, and in that time, I’ve seen more than a couple of these “scares”. If a person weathered the Sandy Hook scare and the one leading up to the 2016 election and still doesn’t have at least a small ammo stock pile, well, you’re on your own....:wall:

And to think..... I’d do the same thing again if i had another Can of it :D

tDdgS6c.jpg
I don't understand???

In another thread someone noted that the primer shortage has spilled over to musket caps and #11's, and yeah I would agree with that opinion. Here too (Southwest VA). I found some #11s in Roanoke.

Even 777 was hard to find recently so I picked up 3 cans in Beckley WV. That will have to do for now.
If you where in Beckley why not go down the road to back creek gun shop. I’m sure you could get real black powder there

I actually did find one 100 shell shot gun trap / clays shell box for $22. In coldwater.
Was told they get them in randomly but haven't seen any more.

Federal 300g hollow point 450 Bushmaster $50 for box of 20 at Dunhams. This was selling for $30 5 months ago.

Latest posts

Back