Gunwerks Revic EXO Rear Peep Sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
Stumbled across this rear sight, and a review by Jim Carr, on the Muzzleoading section of the ROKSLIDE forum.

Very pricey, at $998.00.

But, it is designed, and CNC machined, to the same standards as the ballistic turrets on any expensive riflescope. And, was designed for long distance sabot/bullet hunting for those states like Colorado that prohibit optical riflescopes.

According to the review, this peep rear sight works exactly the same as a ballistic turret.

It attaches to any standard Picatinny rail.

Tall, big, round, totally unlike any other peep/reciever sight that I have ever seen. Kinda clunky looking.

If the funds become available, I am tempted to put this on a Woodman Arms Patriot rifle equipped with a .45 caliber McGowen barrel having a 1:14" rate of twist.

That would make for a very light hunting rifle that could shoot high BC .40 caliber Fury & Pittman bullets out of the light blue Harvester Crush Rib sabot.

https://www.gunwerks.com/shop/ay-r-e5500-revic-exo-extreme-o-ring-rear-sight-22122#attr=

Buddy has a Gunwerks muzzy with that sight. It’s nice and functional if you are truly hunting longrange and want to adjust for point on holds.

Looks wonderful but I’m not sure it’s a 900 dollar improvement on a Lyman or Williams. Would it be a 600 dollar improvement on a Shaver Soule?
I have a couple of the KAG BUIS I’ve thought about mounting up with the micro front sight. A tactical T/C new englander…

Looks wonderful but I’m not sure it’s a 900 dollar improvement on a Lyman or Williams. Would it be a 600 dollar improvement on a Shaver Soule?
I have a couple of the KAG BUIS I’ve thought about mounting up with the micro front sight. A tactical T/C new englander…

Can you adjust the Lyman’s and Williams peep sight in a hunting situation with consistency like you can using the Gunwerks turret?

Can you adjust the Lyman’s and Williams peep sight in a hunting situation with consistency like you can using the Gunwerks turret?
Yes. Outfit your Williams with the target knobs for windage, elevation, and the gib lock. Lyman peeps can be outfitted with target knobs as well as the ability to release the elevator and raise or lower to pre marked settings. Some people are using vernier sights on hunting rifles.
399A90C6-36EB-486C-A1E7-2A986B612BEE.jpeg

Back