Half Cocked

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found him. Earlier this year he said he had never killed a deer so I invited him over to Trump Tower for the opener of Michigan Gun Deer season. At 7:30 a nice doe fed by at about 70 yards and he closed the deal. Dropped it on the spot with a 350 Legend (hand loads) in a Savage rifle. We stayed in the tower until 10 and watched a few other does pass by so had plenty of time to talk. Said he thinks has been banned from this site. I told him to play nice and ask the administrator to allow his participation. So here is Half-Cocked with his first ever deer kill.

IMG_1698.JPG

OK snapbang...We will give him back full priveleges if you promise to help us monitor him. He had numerous, and I mean numerous, warnings about posting political topics, amoung other things, and he got into heated discussions with Admins. We are willing to let him try again and see if he learned anything.

One of the things I appreciate about this forum is that it stays on point. I can go to a million other sites if I want to read/post about politics or religion or....

But when I log-in here I know I will read about Muzzleloaders, hunting, outdoors and such without the background noise that seems to filter in to other forums.

I also appreciate that the Admins have an understanding way and are firm but not heavy handed...Thanks for all you do, and thanks for this place to hang out and talk about this hobby.

It is for this reason that I chose to become a monthly supporter here at MM

Last edited:
One of the things I appreciate about this forum is that it stays on point. I can go to a million other sites if I want to read/post about politics or religion or...

Our sister forum has a section that allows politics and look where it has gotten them. 10+ pages "Latest Posts" on the side bar all by the same guy and hardly a response to any of them. So you got to scroll through all that stuff to get to a post related to what the forum is about MUZZLE LOADING.

The place is a ghost town now in terms of MUZZLE LOADING related topics.

Our sister forum has a section that allows politics and look where it has gotten them. 10+ pages "Latest Posts" on the side bar all by the same guy and hardly a response to any of them. So you got to scroll through all that stuff to get to a post related to what the forum is about MUZZLE LOADING.

Isn’t that only visible to paying members? I haven’t been there in so long I don’t remember, but it’s not the politics I’m avoiding, it’s the snobs.

That is the Traditional Forum. I almost never go there. Im talking about the FML forum. Im not a member but look at it occasionally. Anyone can view the FML off topic section.

You are correct on all counts. The same guy who does all those political threads once posted about why things were so slow on there site and why some of their members don't post anymore. I told him to look in the mirror. I told him Frontier looks more like a raunchy political site than it does a muzzleloader site. I suggested he might want to tone it down or put all the political stuff in a members only area in order not to scare away potential new members.
He insulted me and called me a liberal. Funny thing is.......calling me a liberal is like calling a mountain lion a vegetarian.
I barbed back and forth with him for a while before I realized he is not a very bright individual. About the only thing he knows how to do is re-post things he gets from political sites. It is no wonder it is a ghost town over there.

Back