Half Cocked

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the Traditional Forum. I almost never go there. Im talking about the FML forum. Im not a member but look at it occasionally. Anyone can view the FML off topic section.
I never realized that the FML site was connected to this one, I knew the traditional one was. I see now what you mean about the FML site, I just went and looked.

I suggested he might want to tone it down or put all the political stuff in a members only area in order not to scare away potential new members.
That is what happens. Someone is looking for a ML forum to join. First thing they see is every "Whats New" "Latest Post" coming back as a political rant. Hardly a ML related post in the list. That guy is Jon's (staff member) dad and Jon does nothing about it even though he dont allow politics on other forums.

On the Traditional Forum you got to be a member or maybe even a "supporter" to access that section. We considered having a "Opt-In" off topic section but decided against it. Ive see this on my state hunting forum and all it did was create members that rag on each other all the time. Eventually it spills over into the rest of the forum......Im quite happy to keep my conservative view points to myself on this forum. Please do the same regardless of which side you lean.

That is what happens. Someone is looking for a ML forum to join. First thing they see is every "Whats New" "Latest Post" coming back as a political rant. Hardly a ML related post in the list. That guy is Jon's (staff member) dad and Jon does nothing about it even though he dont allow politics on other forums.

On the Traditional Forum you got to be a member or maybe even a "supporter" to access that section. We considered having a "Opt-In" off topic section but decided against it. Ive see this on my state hunting forum and all it did was create members that rag on each other all the time. Eventually it spills over into the rest of the forum......Im quite happy to keep my conservative view points to myself on this forum. Please do the same regardless of which side you lean.
Thanks GM54

It is funny that you mention his son Jon is a staff member on that site. Things are starting to click now. I had always wondered how he got away with so much and how the site is willing to tolerate him. In one of my exchanges with him, I specifically asked him if he or one of his family members owned or had an interest in the site. He would not answer me but would only say the "he" had no stock in the site. As far as I can tell he is not only a bafoon, he is also a liar.

I don't spend much time on that site either. They're ready to pounch on you the minute you mention something against the rules. Don't even think about anything inline, OMG.
I got "reprimanded" by one of the members for mentioning the use of Poly patches for round balls. I was informed they do not allow "sabots" to spoken of on the forum. Reason I posted it, I found a bag of Butler Creek poly patches in a box that belonged to my Dad. Didn't even know there was such a thing.

007.jpg

I got "reprimanded" by one of the members for mentioning the use of Poly patches for round balls. I was informed they do not allow "sabots" to spoken of on the forum. Reason I posted it, I found a bag of Butler Creek poly patches in a box that belonged to my Dad. Didn't even know there was such a thing.

View attachment 17604
Some of those guys remind me of the nuns in Catholic school. Get out of line and they put a whoopin on yo ass.

View attachment 17604
I have a bunch of the ply patch for a 36 cal. I do not use

On the American long rifles forum I once posted that I bought a 30-30 bullet belt but converted it to a muzzleloader belt. The post got edited to "gun belt" and i received a pm from the mod for breaking the rules. Never went back after that.

Let's just focus on keeping this forum the best forum online!

Back