Half Cockeds deer this morning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
Half Cocked adds to his kill book this morning at 9:30 am. We were in Trump Tower with the heat running catching up on current events. In the dark we saw two deer go by at thirty five yards but it was way before legal shooting and way before a target could be safely identified. After legal shooting time we saw four does moving through the field south of us but too brushy and too far. About 9:15 two bucks show up, one barely legal and this eight point. Both deer were acting a little crazy. When this buck started coming our way Half Cocked lined up and I let out a couple of grunts to stop him. No dice, he was on a mission. Half Cocked had to make the shot while it was moving and he did. Deer down about 85 yards later. This man does not hesitate to shoot. Hes good with a trigger.

Ill let Half Cocked provide gun and load details. Not MZ. Hes home sleeping as he went straight from work to the blind. I really enjoyed the action and am glad we met up through this Forum.

IMG_2611.JPG

Thank you everyone! Especially Snapbang who has been an amazing host and teacher!

I used an Ar chambered in 350 legend. Also thanks to the awesome member who sent me a scope. You know who you are! Lol it was that scope on the rifle i used.

Hand loads were used of course! 147 grain Hornady xtp over 26 grain of lil gun with a mag primer. The fire arm as mentioned is an ar 15 which in my opinion is an awesome hunting rifle! No mater what your hunting it gets the job done.

Thanks again everyone!

I passed on a couple does this morning. Soon Ill take my percussion out to the blind for does closer in. Ill keep my LK-93 out there too in case a buck makes me stretch the distance a little. Im also looking forward to the deer drives. Hoping Hauser1 makes it with a friend also. I have 12 deer in the yard now including 1 nice buck. I know the neighbors enjoy seeing them so I dont shoot them. Patience.

PS. Hope you and a guest are coming for the deer drive.

Sounds like a fun hunt!

I have an extra AR lower laying around an a 350 Legend upper has crossed my mind many times. Just sounds like fun.

Latest posts

Back