Hankins Smooth Bullet Sizing Die, Complete Kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well then what is the range of the haskins dies ? Minus to plus.is your 442 sizer a custom order from lee?

Most using Hank's or Swinglock adjustable dies are shooting jacketed bullets and for me I have dedicated die to bullet and die to barrel after desired size is achieved. Adjustable dies will size to the ten thousandth and it does matter for precision shooting. I have however undersized and knurled up and loaded without resizing to bore with good results using jacketed bullets in my break action gun. I know you guys are shooting mostly or all lead bullets. I guess what I'm getting at is I don't adjust my dies back and forth a lot so that they don't work harden and crack. That's just what I do and I have had very little experience with lead conicals.

Well then what is the range of the haskins dies ? Minus to plus.is your 442 sizer a custom order from lee?

You won’t need a .442 unless you have a REALLY tight Bore. And yes my .442 is a Custom Push through sizer. I need to have a .491 Made. It never ends when you have MULTIPLE Rifles, with Various Bore Diameters :) It’s part of the Fun for me, figuring each rifle out

Curtis are you using this for your PP or GG. I was considering getting one of these dies for henry and a underhammer I am building now. I have several lee sizing dies but I thing my henry needs 4505. Not sure on the under hammer barrel it is a 451 tapper octagon of 4140 steel from Oregon barrel. Whant to shoot both gg and pp out of both of these. New to pp. So what size of mould do I whant lewis. Plan on going with a 550 gr.pp flat base from barco.

I am using the sizing die for PP bullets, after wrapping with paper. My Alex Henry has a .451 bore and my Shilo Sharps has a .450 bore. So far I have used cast .443 bullets for the A. Henry and .442 BACO swaged lead bullets for the Sharps. Not sure if it will be possible, but I will be experimenting with using a .443 bullet for both, sized down to fit each respective rifle.

Curtis

So you are running them threw after your wrap? And if so do you lube up the paper a bit before you run them threw. And I did order yesterday a 442 and 443 push threw lee die.

@Idaholewis , I am a little confused about this Post! You start out a sentence talking about a 50 cal and in the same sentence wrapping your bullet with paper magically shrinks almost 50 thousands.

With PP in ML you want them to go down with Minimal effort, You don’t want them to Fall down, and you also don’t want to Push on them. My new Rice 1-24 Twist .50 Cal is an excellent example, I sized my .493 Bullets to .492, And when patched with Strathmore 300 Series Tracing paper they finish measured at .449 Which was TO TIGHT for my Comfort. I shot an AWESOME Group with them, But i was CONSTANTLY Worrying that i was gonna Push one through the Paper Jacket. I need to be able to Size my Bullets to .491 for this Particular Bore, Then Patch them. You will get a Feel for them :lewis:

At most, you might end up needing a .442 Sizer

So you are running them threw after your wrap? And if so do you lube up the paper a bit before you run them threw. And I did order yesterday a 442 and 443 push threw lee die.

Yes, wrapping the bullet in the paper and then running the wrapped bullet through the sizer. No lube on the paper or bullet.

Curtis

Hank's and Hankins the same?

Yep, I’ve seen it both ways. Hank’s precision gun parts, Hankins custom Rifles.

The Main reason i went with Hankin’s Adjustable Sizer Dies is due to them being Stainless Steel (Corrosion resistance) Since i am Sizing Case Lube pad Rolled LEAD Bullets, The Xtra Protection of the Stainless Steel is worth it’s weight in Gold to me. If i were sizing Copper Jacketed Bullets (What these Dies were actually designed for) it wouldn’t have mattered to me. But the Peace of mind of Stainless Steel‘s Corrosion Resistance is NICE :lewis:

Last edited:
I just got my Hankin’s .45 Cal Sizer, I now have both the .45 & .50 Cal Hankin’s Smooth Bullet Sizers. I couldn’t be happier with my Purchase, These are VERY HIGH Quality Dies, Anyone sizing “Lubed” LEAD, and want the added protection/Corrosion Resistance of Stainless Steel, I highly advise these Hankin’s Adjustable Bullet Sizers :lewis:

The .45 Expander Ball measures .452.5, And the Long Push Stem measures .436 in Diameter

fcVhgtt.jpg

I have a Hankins .50 cal for sale -- $50 bucks. I just played with it never ran a run thru it.

rob

It is just like yours. Waiting for confirmation ahead of you.

rob

Whoever sent you the PM was Wrong by not making a comment out front here in the Public thread, saying “I will take it, Or even, Interested, sending you a PM” Etc.

When someone offers to sell something, and someone posts “I will take it” under them, That should be the person that gets it.

Whoever sent you the PM was Wrong by not making a comment out front here in the Public thread, saying “I will take it, Or even, Interested, sending you a PM” Etc.

When someone offers to sell something, and someone posts “I will take it” under them, That should be the person that gets it.
Agree with you 100%

Back