Harvester Muzzleloading Service

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
I've been shooting the PT Gold for several years. Initially I wasn't overly thrilled, feeling Barnes gave better blood trails. After playing with charges I have to admit I was wrong. The PT Gold 300 has worked well for me for several seasons.

I just wanted to applaud the folks at Harvester. Their customer service is top notch. They have always returned my message and worked to get me the information I needed. Its refreshing and appreciated.

I don't have a chrnograph, but going from 100 to 110 of T7 FFG seemed to make a noticeable difference. In addition, it helped accuracy as well.

My experience with them has been positive. Great at the range and i have taken deer with them. But I only use 90gr BH209 and i feel the monoflex opens up better for me with this load. Great bullet though.

I like Harvestor too, haven’t ordered from them in a while though. My deer hunting seems to end after just a few shots, tags filled.

My experience with them has been positive. Great at the range and i have taken deer with them. But I only use 90gr BH209 and i feel the monoflex opens up better for me with this load. Great bullet though.
I also had positive experiences with Harvester. I currently use the Scorpian PT gold 300 grain with 100 gr of blackhorn 209. My Accura loves this load. I am not wealthy so the Barnes bullets are too expensive to shoot much. I buy the 50 bullets in bulk.

After several problems with Hornady SST‘s I switched to Harvester’s Scorpion 300 gr PT Gold bullets several years ago. I use their Black Crush Rib sabot, a Federal 209A primer and 110 gr. load of BH209. With my Knight Long Range Hunter. My best 3 shot 100 yd. Group was .297 inches. I hunt in Texas most of the time and exclusively with a muzzleloader. That combination, used in 2 different Knight rifles has accounted for numerous whitetails, a nice Axis, several Fallow, 2 Aoudad as well as a bunch of feral hogs. The staff at Harvester are friendly and helpful and willing to answer questions etc.. Have in hand some of their new White Lighting Bullets, but haven't had a chance to try them on a hunt.

I’ve been buying the Harvester/Hornady XTP combos they offer and have had great results with accuracy and on deer. My other combos are Barnes TE-Z’s and MZ both in 250 grain.

I use the Harvester Green but buy my XTPs elsewhere. My bullets are 44 mag 240gr. I also get great accuracy and killed 9 deer with this combo.

After several problems with Hornady SST‘s I switched to Harvester’s Scorpion 300 gr PT Gold bullets several years ago. I use their Black Crush Rib sabot, a Federal 209A primer and 110 gr. load of BH209. With my Knight Long Range Hunter. My best 3 shot 100 yd. Group was .297 inches. I hunt in Texas most of the time and exclusively with a muzzleloader. That combination, used in 2 different Knight rifles has accounted for numerous whitetails, a nice Axis, several Fallow, 2 Aoudad as well as a bunch of feral hogs. The staff at Harvester are friendly and helpful and willing to answer questions etc.. Have in hand some of their new White Lighting Bullets, but haven't had a chance to try them on a hunt.
The 300 gr PT scorpion Gold are very accurate in my Accura v2. Most anything shoots good with it and 100 gr v of 209 bh. I have not killed with them yet but hoping for good terminal effects and pass thru. Maybe this year!

Back