• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Harvester Short Black Sabot (.50 cal EZ Load High Pressure Sabots) 50 Count-Part #H5045SB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the subject titled item to give away. I will ship it to you for free. If I have given you something before, please do not take this item.

Post here first, before sending a PM, if you want this mount so we can all see who speaks for it first. I will follow up with you via PM.

I have the subject titled item to give away. I will ship it to you for free. If I have given you something before, please do not take this item.

Post here first, before sending a PM, if you want this mount so we can all see who speaks for it first. I will follow up with you via PM.
"I'll take it"

I spoke with Ron @ Harvester again today. He and a couple of MM members convinced me these sabots were a good match for my PT Golds and my Hornady's. If you've already sent the other give-away I will gladly send you postage, or can you send COD?

I spoke with Ron @ Harvester again today. He and a couple of MM members convinced me these sabots were a good match for my PT Golds and my Hornady's. If you've already sent the other give-away I will gladly send you postage, or can you send COD?

I will add them to the TEZ bullets package when I ship them. Thank you for offering to pay something, I appreciate it, but I'll take care of it.

Thank you. Always grateful for random acts of kindness.

Still have some, or was this a first come, first served offer? I've never been able to get SST's to shot well out of any of my rifles, but from what I've read, most people have great luck with them.

Good morning,

Not sure what you were asking. Was your question regarding the sabots that were being given away?

Good morning,

Not sure what you were asking. Was your question regarding the sabots that were being given away?
The SST’s I used were 250 gr. Hornady. I shot them the same day I shot the Barnes T-EZ. That target with the SST’s looked as good as the TEZ’s if not a tad better.

I'm was asking the OP if he was still giving out some trials. Yeah, I've never got the SST's to shoot good. It's probably just me and not the bullet, but possibly I haven't found the right combo yet...

If you're better with the SST's I would shoot those. My own personal opinion is a little too much hype goes into bullet performance. The old Speer spitzer has probably sent more animals to heaven than any combination of bullets combined. It's been around for as long as I can remember. I just have a hard time spending a couple of bucks on a bullet. Most of what I have taken has been heavy lead, home cast, bullets. They always get the job done. Not very flat shooting, so,you have to stay inside 100 yards or have enough time to break out the range finder and know where you're rifle is gonna hit....

If you're better with the SST's I would shoot those. My own personal opinion is a little too much hype goes into bullet performance. The old Speer spitzer has probably sent more animals to heaven than any combination of bullets combined. It's been around for as long as I can remember. I just have a hard time spending a couple of bucks on a bullet. Most of what I have taken has been heavy lead, home cast, bullets. They always get the job done. Not very flat shooting, so,you have to stay inside 100 yards or have enough time to break out the range finder and know where you're rifle is gonna hit....
The 100-yd group I got with a black, smooth sabot on the T-EZ is about the best I’ve got so far. I use nothing but Hornady ammo in my CF rifles and I wanted to see what their sabots did on the SST. They seemed a bit loose seating, maybe I’ll try after I get my zero set for ML season. For now, I hope to fine tune the TEZ’s..

Latest posts

Back