Hawken and happiness

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been 6 months(!) since I got my TC Hawken dirty. Shame on me!
Took her to the range yesterday with her favorite food. A 45 cal. 250 grain XTP in a Harvester crush rib over 70 grains of 3f Swiss.
3 rounders at 100 ran from an inch, to 1 15/16ths, with all 10 shots going into 2 3/8ths.
Had 2 called flyers and the target was in the shadows, but I'll take these results any day.
Last time I shot her, I had to drag out 2 doe. Same load. The 250 grain .45 needs a 1-49 twist, according to Greenhill's formula.
Happy happy happy!

Been 6 months(!) since I got my TC Hawken dirty. Shame on me!
Took her to the range yesterday with her favorite food. A 45 cal. 250 grain XTP in a Harvester crush rib over 70 grains of 3f Swiss.
3 rounders at 100 ran from an inch, to 1 15/16ths, with all 10 shots going into 2 3/8ths.
Had 2 called flyers and the target was in the shadows, but I'll take these results any day.
Last time I shot her, I had to drag out 2 doe. Same load. The 250 grain .45 needs a 1-49 twist, according to Greenhill's formula.
Happy happy happy!
Most all of my side locks are slowly getting scoped that are used for hunting , I like meat and gutting stuff but your definitely doing great with your eyes /setup . The only thing I shoot with iron is Lee Shavers venier set up for long and it seems to work (No horn restrictions on steel) Ed

Back