Hawken Buffalo

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job! Looks you had like a great hunt. Congrats to you and your friend.
Looks like the Monoflex held together pretty good. Everyone I know who uses that bullet on deer are pretty happy with them.
I would like to see what a big hunk of lead between 460-600 grains would have done on those big bulls also.

Good job! Looks you had like a great hunt. Congrats to you and your friend.
Looks like the Monoflex held together pretty good. Everyone I know who uses that bullet on deer are pretty happy with them.
I would like to see what a big hunk of lead between 460-600 grains would have done on those big bulls also.

I look forward to using it on red deer, the season for them is about done now though. I'll probably knock out the front sight and install my lee shaver before I use it again. Need to put in the tang sight but I'm a bit hesitant to drill into my stock.

Everytime i hear, or think of Buffalo the 1st thing that comes to my mind is a piece i read by Robert Ruark on Cape Buffalo, ”They look at you like you owe them Money” and "use enough gun"

Bb5Yw3L.jpg

Ruark's book, Use Enough Gun" is a seriously good read. I've read add re-read it three times.

That big guy looks you have been working on his aiming but appears he may be left eye dominant!! 😈
Congrats on a great hunt.

Yeah he had broken off maybe 4 inches from his left side, and a couple from his right. I like that feels like it gives lots of character.

Congratulations! Sounds like an awesome hunt. Any info on recommended outfits would be appreciated. My wife and I are wanting to plan an Australian trip for next year (provided it opens up).

That cow had great horns. Congratulations on a successful hunt, especially with the Missouri River Hawken.

Hopefully plenty more good hunts with it to come. Deer locally have pretty much finished for the year but I'll do some fox shooting with it this summer.

Back