Hello from a newbie....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshf303

Reaction score
Hey all, new guy here from Tx.....

Drew a CO Muzzy tag in a unit I’ve rifle/bow hunted quite a bit last 8-9 years.
Know a little more than nothing about muzzleloaders, so here to learn.

Recommendations on a first muzzleloader appreciated!

:welcome: To the group Josh. I’m sure you will get several recommendations from the CVA guys, personally I prefer KNIGHT muzzleloaders. Good luck with your endeavors.:lewis:

Welcome from Bama. I’ve hunt CO once with a smoke pole. I’m thinking about going back I usually bow hunt Out there but I’m kinda wanting to hunt with a muzzy again. There’s nothing like calling in a bugling bull imo I’m working up a load for my wolf. So far I have a 300 grain .500 Hornady ftx with 71.1 grains (weighed) of fffg 777 and a cci mag Primer shooting a 1 3/4 group at 100 yards. That’s with a scope. I’ll take it off after I get the most accurate load worked up.

Welcome to the group. This is a great forum with knowledgeable and helpful people.

You will get many rifle recommendations here. I won't even pile on. However, I will echo that knowing the regulations for CO should be your guiding light. For elk hunting, scopes, pelletized powder and sabots are PROHIBITED! Your rifle must be .50 caliber or larger.

I found this information at: Muzzleloader law breakdown throughout the western states

It is from 2018, so it could be out of date. Good luck and good hunting!

Welcome to the group. If you have enough time I'd look for a really good 👍 condition T/C Omega.
Thats a darn good very reasonably priced, very user friendly ML. I've had 2 of them in the past & really want another one to do a custom smokeless in either .375 or .40 cal.

Hey all, new guy here from Tx.....

Drew a CO Muzzy tag in a unit I’ve rifle/bow hunted quite a bit last 8-9 years.
Know a little more than nothing about muzzleloaders, so here to learn.

Recommendations on a first muzzleloader appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum :lewis:

You hit the bullseye, on finding a site to get yourself up to speed on muzzleloading. I won't add to the pile of advice you'll find here other than to say this same site got me from Totally Confused Gullible Greenhorn to Successful Confident Frontstuffer Hunter over the past 12 years, on and off. Enjoy - and welcome to the party!

Latest posts

Back