Hello from Afghanistan...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlindsay1

Reaction score
Got 3 1/2 more months and I'm home. In the process of buying a Knight Mountaineer 50 cal. I have an old T/C Hawkins 54 cal. Fun to shoot, but has let me down a couple times in the past. Looking forward to getting home. Home is in Charleston, SC.

John

It is a real pleasure for me to welcome you to the forum.

The Mountaineer is a great rifle. But don't over look that Hawkens. I am sure we can get the working just fine for you as well with a few suggestions and tricks. I shoot the traditional rifles all the time and they always work fine.

You stay safe, and keep in touch.

Thank you for your service. An as others have said be safe and stay sharp. From the North Carolina's

:D

Welcome to the forum and take care of your self. :!:

Ray........ :wink:

Hello John...Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your service and for standing in the gap for us civilians! Keep us posted on your time and return.

Welcome aboard John, thank you for serving your country.

Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I'm a DOD civilian over here. The real heros are the men and women in green. I support them, and try to make it safer here for everybody (Safety Officer). I've been here since March and will redeploy in April. Can't wait.

My Hawkens misfired on a big buck several years ago...and I never forgave it. I know that it was my fault. Should have put some powder down where you screw the nipple in too! Looking forward to tapping into all the knowledge this forum brings.

Thanks again.
John

Even if you are not directly in the line of fire your service is still important. I have a good friend deployed there with the Marines right now. Thank you for your service and please return to us safe.

Back