Hello from Colorado!

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

ABOmaster

I've recently retired and my son and I decided to try muzzle loading this hunting season out here. We have our tags but neither of us can find any 209 primers for our CVA in-line muzzle loaders. Can anyone help us out? Thanks ABOmaster.

deermanok

Supporter
Supporter
Welcome from Oklahoma.
209 primers are pretty scarce these days. Best chance is to walk into a gun shop and maybe find some on the shelf.
I changed over my CVA Optima to the northwest breech plug kit.
It takes the musket caps which are available.
Good luck.

Bad Karma

Welcome from Oklahoma.
209 primers are pretty scarce these days. Best chance is to walk into a gun shop and maybe find some on the shelf.
I changed over my CVA Optima to the northwest breech plug kit.
It takes the musket caps which are available.
Good luck.
I've recently retired and my son and I decided to try muzzle loading this hunting season out here. We have our tags but neither of us can find any 209 primers for our CVA in-line muzzle loaders. Can anyone help us out? Thanks ABOmaster.
Dunno where you are but I found some in glenwood springs the other day. There’s a newish sporting goods store on grand Avenue. 20 bucks per hundred but they had them.

ABOmaster

Thank you all so much. My son lives in Parachute, CO and we'll be driving thru Glennwood Spgs next week. Have tried every gun shop along the front range to no avail.

deermanok

Supporter
Supporter
I'd say to think about the northwest breech plug kit. You can always switch back whenever 209 primers are available.
Amazon is the only place I know that has the kit in stock. The price has gone up since the last time I checked.

ABOmaster

Has anyone heard of Barrel Ammo Depot? They seem to have everything including powder and primers and tout they are veteran owned. I'm reluctant to order from them because they only accept payment thru zelle.

deermanok

Supporter
Supporter
You gotta be careful. Lots of scammers out there.
If nobody legit has any, you gotta think about dealing with an unknown website.

deerlessbob

The way I finally got some BH209 was by looking online everyday for weeks. You might try that with the primers but that would mean you’d have to pay the hazardous shipping surcharge.

mnoland30

If you make it down to Albuquerque, I could set you up. This really sucks for those new to the sport, and those who don't stock up in advance of Democrat presidents. We have a small local gun shop here that will only sell one box to each customer. They had primers when no one else did. My friend just ordered some primers, so I'll ask him where he got his.

mnoland30

My freind just got some at Sportsman's Warehouse. He said he just happened to be there when they put them on the shelf.

Hausser1

Supporter
Supporter
I've had some good luck with Midway. Hit the 'notify when back in stock' button. Got to be fast though...

UndeadPoet

Supporter
Supporter
Welcome, from NC! If you have any Academy Sports stores in your area, they have tended to have them. Glad you were able to find some.

‘Poet