Hello from Colorado!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABOmaster

Reaction score
I've recently retired and my son and I decided to try muzzle loading this hunting season out here. We have our tags but neither of us can find any 209 primers for our CVA in-line muzzle loaders. Can anyone help us out? Thanks ABOmaster.

Welcome from Oklahoma.
209 primers are pretty scarce these days. Best chance is to walk into a gun shop and maybe find some on the shelf.
I changed over my CVA Optima to the northwest breech plug kit.
It takes the musket caps which are available.
Good luck.

Welcome from Oklahoma.
209 primers are pretty scarce these days. Best chance is to walk into a gun shop and maybe find some on the shelf.
I changed over my CVA Optima to the northwest breech plug kit.
It takes the musket caps which are available.
Good luck.
I've recently retired and my son and I decided to try muzzle loading this hunting season out here. We have our tags but neither of us can find any 209 primers for our CVA in-line muzzle loaders. Can anyone help us out? Thanks ABOmaster.
Dunno where you are but I found some in glenwood springs the other day. There’s a newish sporting goods store on grand Avenue. 20 bucks per hundred but they had them.

Thank you all so much. My son lives in Parachute, CO and we'll be driving thru Glennwood Spgs next week. Have tried every gun shop along the front range to no avail.

I'd say to think about the northwest breech plug kit. You can always switch back whenever 209 primers are available.
Amazon is the only place I know that has the kit in stock. The price has gone up since the last time I checked.

Has anyone heard of Barrel Ammo Depot? They seem to have everything including powder and primers and tout they are veteran owned. I'm reluctant to order from them because they only accept payment thru zelle.

The way I finally got some BH209 was by looking online everyday for weeks. You might try that with the primers but that would mean you’d have to pay the hazardous shipping surcharge.

If you make it down to Albuquerque, I could set you up. This really sucks for those new to the sport, and those who don't stock up in advance of Democrat presidents. We have a small local gun shop here that will only sell one box to each customer. They had primers when no one else did. My friend just ordered some primers, so I'll ask him where he got his.

Back