Hello from Illinois

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risleykrb7

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Im a hunter from Illinois and have been hunting 20+ years. I bought a Knight KRB& brand new probably 15 years ago when I had time to hunt all the seasons in Illinois and got out of muzzleloading for about 12 years. Now I am only allowed to hunt on a farm with "trophy" restrictions so I need to take advantage of every opportunity I can to see a trophy.

Muzzleloading will give me another weekend or two a year to try harvest my next trophy.

Anyone with KRB7 knowledge please reach out to me.

Thank you for having me here!

Last edited:
Welcome from another North Central IL muzzleloader hunter. I think if you put in a bit of time you will make a switch entirely to your muzzleloader during ANY firearm season. So much more accurate at greater distances than shotguns. I haven't killed a deer with a shotgun in many years, and only 1 in my entire life (that was because I had forgotten my muzzleloader). I have never used a Knight, but I'm guessing you will enjoy it. Experiment with various powders, loads, bullets, and sabots. Reading about various load information on this forum will give you some great ideas.

Hello everyone, Im a hunter from Illinois and have been hunting 20+ years. I bought a Knight KRB& brand new probably 15 years ago when I had time to hunt all the seasons in Illinois and got out of muzzleloading for about 12 years. Now I am only allowed to hunt on a farm with "trophy" restrictions so I need to take advantage of every opportunity I can to see a trophy.

Muzzleloading will give me another weekend or two a year to try harvest my next trophy.

Anyone with KRB7 knowledge please reach out to me.

Thank you for having me here!
Sounds like your trophy restrictions will eventually produce some real monster, mature bucks. Welcome to the board.

Latest posts

Back