Hello from Northeast OK!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldlaughlin

Reaction score
Hello All...

I have been shooting black powder for quite a few years and enjoy the smoke!

I use a CVA Hawken Percussion .50, Pietta 1858 Remington, and most recently an inline CVA Optima V2.
I am hoping to pick up a flintlock soon to expand my variety.

Dean.

Welcome, well I have thought and considered a flintlock as well. Debated, discussed rolled around in the idea, I had even chosen several models. Since I have already 2 percussion I kept in that neighborhood, used the money for a cap maker and prime all. To be honest I have not regretted the decision. NOTHING at all wrong with flintlocks, I just preferred not having to tool up for flintlocks. Still might years to come but right now I am happy with the percussion.

I am planning on getting one of those cap makers as well. I am thinking about trying my hand at some DIY black powder. Have seen a lot of success stories. I am pretty good in powder at the moment. A friend was given a large quantity of reloading and muzzle loading supplies. He offered me 3 1/2 pounds of 3F Goex and of course I couldn’t refuse! 😊

I am planning on getting one of those cap makers as well. I am thinking about trying my hand at some DIY black powder. Have seen a lot of success stories. I am pretty good in powder at the moment. A friend was given a large quantity of reloading and muzzle loading supplies. He offered me 3 1/2 pounds of 3F Goex and of course I couldn’t refuse! 😊
You mean you weren’t all, “Oh, no thank you. I couldn’t accept…” LOL! That is a great friend!

Back