Hello From NY

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabin Fever

Reaction score
I'm getting back into muzzleloading and had lots of questions to ask Mr. Google. It seemed like google kept directing me to modernmuzzleloader.com all the time! I figured I would just cut out the middle-man and just become a member here! LOL

I dare say I've read 1,000+ posts over the past week, but the more I read, the more confused I became. I planned on dropping a couple 777's and an SST down the barrel and being good to go, like I did with my old muzzleloader. I've been reading about BH powder, different breechplugs, shims, O-rings, volume vs weight, use this bullet, different sabots, green, black, crush rib, etc... I'm getting pretty overwhelmed! Hoping everyone can get me on the right track to speed the learning curve. Questions to follow in the main forum...

Welcome aboard. I think that’s a pretty similar way we all found our way here. Plenty of folks here willing to help with your questions.

Welcome to the Forum! Ask away with any questions you may have well all be glad to help you out. I used to live in Bayside Queens just off the Throgs Neck Bridge. I now live in Easton PA.

How I miss Long Island and shooting at the Range off Route 110 and Calverton. Not to mention fishing in Moriches and Peconic Bay.

Unfortunately the old Huntington Town range on 110 is long gone. The one at Calverton got bad for a while. I hear it is better but have not been there in years. I'm a member of a club with a private 200yard range on the north side of the LIE at Calverton, much better place.

Unfortunately the old Huntington Town range on 110 is long gone. The one at Calverton got bad for a while. I hear it is better but have not been there in years. I'm a member of a club with a private 200yard range on the north side of the LIE at Calverton, much better place.

I think I was at that range north side of LIE once with my life long friend Sal Amendolia who lives in Lake Ronkonkoma.

Another former New Yorker,L.I. also moved to N.C. couple of years ago miss the Jan special season in Suffolk County,I still big game hunt up in Greene cty with my club.Formerly from Shoreham.

Sawn T...I'm on the Nassau/ Suffolk border.
Also, I didn't know about a private 200yd range off the LIE.

old/new,
Not many do. It's the Roslyn Rifle & Revolver Club.

We have a few black powder shooters on Saturday at the Islip town range.
I am a snow bird typing this from N.C.
I will be back on the island around middle of June

hi from fair haven n.y. muzzle loader hunting for years now retired, will be out every chance I can.

Latest posts

Back