Hello from Zagreb, Croatia

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onty

Reaction score
Hello from Zagreb, Croatia. I am a hunter and revolver shooter. I was shooting center-fire revolvers 357, 41 and 44 Magnum, and 45 Colt. Reduced my revolvers to 357 and 44 magnum, some years back purchased unfired Ruger Old Army, stainless, 7.5", with adjustable sights. I am retired (2016) mechanical engineer. Too many ideas...

Last edited:
Welcome Onty from the Great Republic Texas. Always good to have some new faces and ideas here. Lot of good people on this forum. A few ole grouches but they are tolerable. Have fun, thats what its all about.
DL:woohoo:

Thank you all. I mostly hunt wild boars. We cannot hunt with revolvers, and as far as I know, same is in all Europe. However, we can carry handgun for coup de grâce, and some hunters, after attacked by wounded wild boars, used handguns as a last-ditch defense in very dense bush or very close proximity. We have here a true wild boars, and they could reach as much as 330 lbs (150 kg), some even more. They became quite aggressive in search of food, and wreck havoc on agriculture, including Adriatic coast, especially vineyards. They became so cunning that they will swim from mainland to islands. On some islands they became predators, killing a number of sheep, mostly lambs.

Hello from Zagreb, Croatia. I am a hunter and revolver shooter. I was shooting center-fire revolvers 357, 41 and 44 Magnum, and 45 Colt. Reduced my revolvers to 357 and 44 magnum, some years back purchased unfired Ruger Old Army, stainless, 7.5", with adjustable sights. I am retired (2016) mechanical engineer. Too many ideas...
Welcome from Quebec,Canada. You will find a lot of very knowledgeable people on the site and some very interesting approches to solving common problems.

It will be good to hear more about Croatian hunting. What is your main hunting firearm?

I was in Canada 36 years, worked in Montreal couple years, also last 3 years in upstate NY. Montreal is a nice city, so unique. Still hope to see Quebec City.

Regarding big game hunting in Croatia, mostly wild boars. Next are deer and elk, but not as much as boars. Regarding firearms for big game, mostly rifles 7x64, 8x57, and less popular are 7 Rem. Magnum, 300 WM and 300 WSM. However, 30-06 gaining popularity rapidly. I would say it is already one of 3 most wide spread calibers. I think that decent characteristics of that round and quality ammo at reasonable prices were main reason why hunters like 30-06.

Next wide spread a combo guns, usually 7x65R + 12 gauge, and 7x57R + 12 gauge. Handy for those who like both, big game and small game.

Back