Hello, I'm Laura from So Cal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.adoniayachts.com/Laura, I thought I recognized the area. I do the heating and air conditioning on all these houseboats that get sent out there. I’m located 1-1/2 hours away from Lake Powell. Used to be beautiful until the damn Quagga Mussel got setup there. Now it smells horrible, and you gotta wear thongs on the beach to keep your feet from getting cut up.

Welcome Laura!
It's nice to see a young lady member here to add some spice. I hope you get good benefit as I have from this site. These members are friendly and helpful.

Welcome Laura!
It's nice to see a young lady member here to add some spice. I hope you get good benefit as I have from this site. These members are friendly and helpful.
Thank you very much, that's very sweet.
Needless to say I was intimidated to start posting. The more I have read the various topics here the more I know I don't know.

Thanks for you kindness,

Laura

Oh no, terrible news.
Is that the same as the Zebra Mussel?
We were there some years ago, it was FABULOUS! We rented a houseboat and pulled our 20ft openbow Sea Rey.
So Fun!
I hate hearing that beautiful lake is hurtin... We go to Lake Mojave (down river a ways) every Summer.
View attachment 9349
My Son "flying" over Lake Mojave.
Not sure. Thousands of them stuck to the bottoms of those big boats when they pull them out of the water

Zebra and Quagga mussel are close enough to being the same thing. They are both an invasive species. From eastern europe. Weve had both here in the great lakes since the 90s. Eventually the local ecology will adapt to them and have some kind of balance.

Zebra and Quagga mussel are close enough to being the same thing. They are both an invasive species. From eastern europe. Weve had both here in the great lakes since the 90s. Eventually the local ecology will adapt to them and have some kind of balance.
Good to know thanks.
Many of the lakes here in the Southwest have been very strict about wet boats when you first launch, they want to know when and where the last time the boat was is in water.
Anyway, good day to you sir!
Stay safe,
Laura

Same here, seems like an adult sport!
I do shoot with one of my boys mostly because he's local. I think the older guy would love this kind of shooting but he's a couple states away. I have one genuine old gun (1861), a Pedersoli flinchlock (my son shoots that) and a Knight MK85 inline. I like them all.
Neil

I lived. Ikn LA for a couiple years and envy you laura from so cal. Ill never forget big bear and the lakes. Have fun with the invasive mussels and delta smelt fish.gotta save them too. :)

Back