Hello

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacanis

Reaction score
I stumbled into this forum searching for info on a muzzleloader that I have (to see if I want to keep it or get rid of it). Long thread. Four pages. No sniping.
I also like the fact that y'all recognize there are some of us that like to talk about "modern" guns without using code words, too. Even though I lean towards traditional ML's, I love anything that shoots.
I figured I'd join and see what's what.

My interests are good food, good movies, and long walks down the range to look at my target 😀

Kentucky welcomes you I say if you have one keep it, if it shoots and hit a decent size group one can`t go wrong

Yeah, everything is telling me to keep it, Supposedly it's supposed to be very accurate, and I like accuracy, but I bought it as a squirrel rifle because it's shorter than my flinter and then I found out you can't use anything above a 40cal for small game in my state. And it's a .45

Looking at your name it's probably right up your alley. It's a 1977-8 CVA Mtn Rifle.

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Welcome aboard from the Hoosier State!!

Huh! You can't use anything above 40 cal for small game? That seems like an unusual regulation. In Indiana, you can take squirrels with anything. Shotgun, bows, .22 LR, sticks, rocks, slingshots, spud gun, anything goes...

It does seem odd doesn't it?
45 and larger for deer (in a long gun) and 40 and down for the little critters.
Kind of forces you into having two muzzleloading rifles if that is what you want to use.

Yeah, everything is telling me to keep it, Supposedly it's supposed to be very accurate, and I like accuracy, but I bought it as a squirrel rifle because it's shorter than my flinter and then I found out you can't use anything above a 40cal for small game in my state. And it's a .45

Looking at your name it's probably right up your alley. It's a 1977-8 CVA Mtn Rifle.

Thanks for the welcomes guys.
Nice rifle, and yup I got my first was a CVA Buckhorn mag been hooked on the brand since I have a Hawken from 1980 as well

Back