Help me pic a New Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I sent in my old CVA on the trade in program and for 35% off a new CVA. I grabbed an Optima V2. Very excited to get it in and shoot some. I am going to shoot the Blackhorn powder. I am picking up the CVA Blackhorn breach plug. I also have come CCI 209 primers so I will start with them. The only thing left is to research which sabot to shoot. I will be hunting Deer and elk.

Thanks to everyone for their advice on getting started back into shooting.

I'm curious about what you paid? If you bought directly from CVA you paid full retail for it. The street price would be much less.

Paramount update,, was able to shoot mr. Parker's 250 BE he made special for the Paramount bore, not as good as the fury 250 butd something to consider for a hunting load for the Paramount another option I shot 84 grains by weight and 83 grains by weight, temperature in the low 60s variable winds,, bullet says received from mr. Parker seat perfectly in the Paramount. If you look at this group the individual shot in the bottom was kleanbore the next shot above it to the left which is also by itself was the second shot and then the gun just started to shoot a hole this is 10 shots not bad I'll post another pic also it's 83 grains by weight of blackhorn again the kleanbore a couple of shots separate from the group and then it starts clumpingIMG_20200214_170810159_HDR.jpg IMG_20200214_170810159_HDR.jpg IMG_20200214_170810159_HDR.jpg IMG_20200215_141123992_HDR.jpg

I got it for $337 with scope and case. I could find it nowhere for that price

I sent in my old CVA from 1998 which I paid about $70 for and got a 35% off coupon. I did find it one other place for $399

I had a couple Ruger 77's and messed with the sear engagement. The trigger or finger lever is not square in the sear and when the trigger is pulled it has to lift the sear as it disengages. also changed to a lighter spring and these things improved the hard trigger to just under 3#. There is schematic and instructions on the net. that I used when I did mine. A friend has the 77/50ml, nice rifle. Many more options for the 700 footprint though.

Latest posts

Back