Help on CVA Optima 50 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bang bang

Reaction score
Hi , new to the forum. Amy advice appreciated. This clip on the barrel of my CVA Optima 50 caliber keeps popping off. Started because when I carry it i accidentally pull the release in front of the trigger guard. I figured out how to pop it back on using my vise, but does not stay.

Any ideas? Thanks. It's muzzleloader season in Texas and I need to get back out there đź‘Ť. Thanks.

Attachments

• optima.jpg
    optima.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 20
That's the clip for the forearm, looks like. Kinda cheesy set up. I have the Optima pistol so it looks familiar. I'd contact CVA for a new clip. They should hook you up.
In the meantime, there's always good old duct tape. A wrap or two around the barrel should hold it in place. Take a screwdriver and poke a hole where the screw goes.
Or, put the clip back in place and a few drops of Gorilla glue might work temporarily.

That's the clip for the forearm, looks like. Kinda cheesy set up. I have the Optima pistol so it looks familiar. I'd contact CVA for a new clip. They should hook you up.
In the meantime, there's always good old duct tape. A wrap or two around the barrel should hold it in place. Take a screwdriver and poke a hole where the screw goes.
Or, put the clip back in place and a few drops of Gorilla glue might work temporarily.
Thanks I might try JB weld.

Latest posts

Back