HELP! There's a gun show and i have money!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we had kids, i would have this problem having spending money...
Terrible isnt it !!! Such feelings of guilt and dismay !!! Oh and the worst one is --- which one do i want most ??? All of em !! Decisions decisions , no wonder im losing my hair im pulling it out !!! Arrrrgh !!!! By the way.....where ????? I need a fix.....

Last edited:
Thanks for all yer support. I made it thru the show without buying anything... Then got home and ordered a new CVA Accura .45 1:22.

I just helped a New Guy yesterday With a Purchase in a Large Sporting Good Store, He was trying to get Setup with a Muzzleloader for our Late Cow Elk Hunt, He ended up with a Stainless CVA Wolf, it was that or Traditions, Not much of a Selection that’s for Sure

Enjoy your New Rifle!! :lewis:

Thanks for all yer support. I made it thru the show without buying anything... Then got home and ordered a new CVA Accura .45 1:22.
Good deal muzzy !!! Is that the one with a 30" barrel ??? That is a Really Nice Rifle !!! From big lead to rocket launcher it can do it all !!! STYLIN !!! IMO its now time for bullet on bore with blackhorn loads--just sayin.....

Last edited:
While CVA has not offered the 45 fast twist in what i want....Im thrilled they offer them. 1-22 can shoot most stuff great. You should look into the Fury 40cal 250s. They start at $44/50. I bet you can hit around 2200fps with them and BH209.

BH209 should come alive with the additional bullet weight in a 45cal sabot. The Harvester light blue sabot will handle the pressure no problem.

While CVA has not offered the 45 fast twist in what i want....Im thrilled they offer them. 1-22 can shoot most stuff great. You should look into the Fury 40cal 250s. They start at $44/50. I bet you can hit around 2200fps with them and BH209.

BH209 should come alive with the additional bullet weight in a 45cal sabot. The Harvester light blue sabot will handle the pressure no problem.
Thats good advice muzzy !!!! Now then i gotta pack my truck . Leaveing as soon as im done for Alpena . Good luck everyone !!! Be safe too !!!

I have a lot of those light blue sabots and already have the DIS breechplug from Hankins. I will def try those Fury's and some Parkers and Pittmans as well as some home cast.

Last edited:
I have a lot of those light blue sabots and already have the DIS breechplug from Hankins. I will def try those Fury's and some Parkers and Pittmans as well as some home cast.

Almost certain you can get a 250gr moving that fast with a DIS plug. Maybe even a tad more. Thats Savage MLII speed with "book powder loads" but a better BC and SD. Should be a real hammer even at 200yards and beyond. IIRC that Fury bullet is about 1" long so stability is no problem for a 1-22. A 405gr conical is fine too.

I would check the fit first with a .400 SST. If it seems loose get them knurled. Its another $2 but well worth it. $46/50 aint bad for good bullets.

Back