Help with my first SML (TC encore conversion)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot them for years in my first ML.I hunt the Midwest so I need both long range accuracy and lethal at short and long range. I never got XTPs to shoot accurate long range. I went smokeless to shoot bore riders. I only shoot Barnes in my centerfire from 270 up to 30-378 Weatherby .Ive shot bonded Shockwave in my muzzleloaders. I don't think I can get the accuracy from them out of my smokeless encore. I'm looking at Pittman hardcore.Hopefully I can find a borerider to perform all the way around like Barnes do.
I too am a barnes fan.
Is there any reason a tmz can't bore ride? I'd prefer the mz flat base but can't find them
There plenty tough .
I shot a doe from chest to the other end with a sabot in a 50 shooting 1850 out of a handi rifle 150 777 pellets 209

I too am a barnes fan.
Is there any reason a tmz can't bore ride? I'd prefer the mz flat base but can't find them
There plenty tough .
I shot a doe from chest to the other end with a sabot in a 50 shooting 1850 out of a handi rifle 150 777 pellets 209
I use the Barnes 250 gr TEZs land rider with a dry wool wad. I knurl them for my barrel. I am also a 150 yard hunter.

I had no idea until yesterday that TC had went out of business so this project is starting to look more expensive or I will just have to be patient and catch the right deal.
If you wait till after this season I may have a cva scout v2 conversion I'd be willing to part with. I'm in central Va

I had no idea until yesterday that TC had went out of business so this project is starting to look more expensive or I will just have to be patient and catch the right deal.

Their value/cost has gone up significantly since the announcement from S&W that they were divesting the company. Best place to find them for reasonable cost is on Mewe, Gunbroker prices are insane.
Well it looks like I got my Encores just in time. I have a .45 ml, a .50 ml and a 7-08 with an extra .243 bbl.

Last edited:
Back