Here's a handful....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
....of the same baits as the small greenies show in the other thread. I am seriously liking this bait and will be re-ordering more. Maybe many more.

seKwzJJ.jpg

Another Pretty batch Tom. You sure do nice work.:lewis:

How do you put the hooks on, split rings or just open the end of the eye on the hook?

Split rings on the hooks Shawn. These use a size 10 treble hook. I leave the tie eye open and use a small clip to hang the lures on the line. This allows for maximum action.

I too use a small clip. The one I use is for Fly's, or at least that is how they were described on the package.

Now that hunting seasons are all gone for me I start thinking of fishing again and looking at your lures is feeding that desire to get out on a lake. Unfortunately thats not going to happen till Memorial day.:(

Not fishing until Memorial Day has to be painful.

On the very small cranks I use the fly clips as well. Just a snap as a rule most of the time.

We had serious high water/run-off this spring that opened a lake just north of home up and I've been there a few times off a dock tinkering with these small crank baits and plastics but no action yet. The water temp was 43 degrees at the last trip and I need about 50 degrees to see any consistent smallie or crappie action out there. Maybe one day this week again now that we've seen a couple 50 degree days and yesterday's 64 degrees.

I have another 65-70 small baits to paint yet so when the weather sucks I do that. If its decent out I'm cleaning gardens or doing plastics. Or trying to fish. And I may have this order of things mixed up occasionally. lol

Latest posts

Back