Here's what I do....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
I've read several posters asking about how everyone stores their powder/bullets/primers/etc while hunting.. The two muzzleloaders I am taking to Kentucky(this coming Saturday and Sunday) are not really what I was expecting to take. My White 97 .504 and Savage 10ML-II are going to be my Kentucky guns. This afternoon I got the sabots/bullets/powder together and made up my loads that go in my pack. Here's what I do:

Photo0181.JPG

Photo019.JPG

That's what actually goes IN my pack for reloads.. I load up before ever getting in the truck and wait to cap until I'm in my stand.

For hunting in the field i take 3 speed loaders with my powder charges and one powder tube that holds 3 bullets and 3 primers.
Picture006-1.jpg

Back at camp or in the truck i leave my powder flask and a package of bullets and primers.

I used to pack my entire bedroom with stuff i never used and just got sick of it. No need for 4 knives :lol:

For one reason or another the multi-function speed loaders did not work for me. Also
I wanted something that held all of the components in an organized fashion so I made this;

dscn0583.jpg

There are loops in the leather case similar to a shotshell holder;

dscn0582.jpg

Back