Hey Y'all from NC

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven Ridge

Reaction score
Newb checking in from Raleigh, NC....

Thanks for having me.

New to the forum, but have WT deer hunted for 4 + decades.

I have owned various ML's and currently have two older Knight's.

I have a new Knight Mountaineer .45 cal (first for me) 1 in 20 twist on order so I have been reading-searching-researching "practical" combo info all over the 'net.

Thanks to all who post their combo experiences and field data.....that really helps narrow the field down with so many modern products available!

:welcome: from Michigan. Whatever you are looking for mz related you will find it here. Some are on holiday but when they get back Im sure they will supply lots of info.

:welcome: To the brotherhood. Congrats on your knight 45 1-20 purchase. I’ve got one and I am loving it.

Welcome. Your gonna love that rifle!

Welcome from Johnston County, NC! Not a modern muzzleloader, though I own one, but a black powder enthusiast nonetheless.

Welcome from Mecklenburg County, NC! Where do all you other NC brothers find to shoot muzzleloaders on a regular basis?

Thanks!

‘Poet

Hunting/Shooting land is much harder to find for sure. Its also harder to buy small tracks an hour or two from civilization that's not up on some houses.

Landowners nowadays (for the most part) just dont want the liability and hassle and many of the old school/greatest generation owners have passed.

NC still has a lot of decent land outside of "urban" areas, (Eastern NC is like you are in a different world) but larger tracks for good deer hunting typically are in hunt club leases and prices have been just getting crazy. Duck, Turkey and Bear competes too.

I hear some of the larger timber company owned tracks (thousands + of acres) who used to lease for hunting have been backing off that business model as well.

Game lands have been very popular for hunting for many, and NC has a fair amount available and does a really good job managing them....(imo). Military bases like Lejeune and Bragg have hunt land for military/retired as well.

Hunting/Shooting land is much harder to find for sure. Its also harder to buy small tracks an hour or two from civilization that's not up on some houses.

Landowners nowadays (for the most part) just dont want the liability and hassle and many of the old school/greatest generation owners have passed.

NC still has a lot of decent land outside of "urban" areas, (Eastern NC is like you are in a different world) but larger tracks for good deer hunting typically are in hunt club leases and prices have been just getting crazy. Duck, Turkey and Bear competes too.

I hear some of the larger timber company owned tracks (thousands + of acres) who used to lease for hunting have been backing off that business model as well.

Game lands have been very popular for hunting for many, and NC has a fair amount available and does a really good job managing them....(imo). Military bases like Lejeune and Bragg have hunt land for military/retired as well.

I have a 600 yard range on our farm here in Gold Hill, which is about 15 miles Southeast of Salisbury.
I have AR500 steel plates at 100, 300, 400, 500, and 600 yards.

I let people shoot for a fee as a part of my gunsmithing business.

Shooters must sign a liability release before using the range.

I also build smokeless muzzleloaders.

I do not have regular hours, and work by appointment only.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Back