Hi From Connecticut

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am a complete newbie and i have the bug pretty bad. I started with an colt 1851 revolver and now have a target 1858, cva rifle, and a H&R shotgun. I have already learned a lot from you folks while lurking around here. Great forum and fun to learn from the experts.
Best,
John

Welcome to the Forum John. Glad you joined up! As you have found this is a real addicting sport.

Welcome John. These black powder weapons are exciting to master and I think that is their appeal. I actually started out with a 1861 Pietta Navy but it was in .44 caliber. That was an accurate revolver with its Pyrodex P loads. Then I had the chain fire in it and it scared the devil out of me. Not to mention it damaged the revolver. So be careful with the revolver and don't forget to grease the cylinder ends. :mrgreen:

I would love to see a photo of your CVA target rifle. I shot a lot of rifles and own many more. But I can not picture that rifle. Tell us all about it.

Welcome fron central Indiana.

herschel conyers said:
Welcome fron central Indiana.
Hi Herschel! how is this for a delayed response?
The target was refering to my Rem 1858 revolver. The CVA is just a V2. Of course now its been a couple years and i want to try a flint lock.

cayuga said:
Welcome John. These black powder weapons are exciting to master and I think that is their appeal. I actually started out with a 1861 Pietta Navy but it was in .44 caliber. That was an accurate revolver with its Pyrodex P loads. Then I had the chain fire in it and it scared the devil out of me. Not to mention it damaged the revolver. So be careful with the revolver and don't forget to grease the cylinder ends. :mrgreen:

I would love to see a photo of your CVA target rifle. I shot a lot of rifles and own many more. But I can not picture that rifle. Tell us all about it.

Hi! The target is the rem 1858 revolver. The cva is just a V2.

Welcome back john

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Back